Ramblings, delusions & sketches
Busy with things, here's what I've been doing lately.

I've worked on the characterdesign some more and then let it rest for about a month. Coming back to it now makes me see all the stupid design choices. I feel I should really go back to the thumbnaling stage with this one.

And also a quick thing from yesterday evening, to test out extreme lighting and to see how the colors work together.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lately I try to focus more on studies rather than personal work. It's really sad how not picking up a pencil for two weeks sets me back.

I was also participating in Jonathan Hardestys livestream, which I really enjoyed. :) Making the same study simultaneously as the person doing the livestream is quite nice for comparing the process and asking questions when they arise. Wish more people would do their livestreams this way.

Attached Files Image(s)

Aaaand another one...!

Attached Files Image(s)

Practicing painting stones and trying to keep lighting and perspective in mind.

Attached Files Image(s)

Veeery slowly crawling forward...

Attached Files Image(s)

Another study

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, it's been half a year already since I posted last time. Daaaamn. D:

Here are some recent pen studies. My focus right now is getting more comfortable with perspective and improving my free-hand drawings.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, i see you have some great ideas here, but id sugest you learn how to buildings around Simple shape on perspective first, this drawings look a little too complicated. Have You checked Scott robertson book how to draw?
I agree with LowPolyLama, Scott Robertson is one of the best, be more consciously about the rules of perspective. Keep going!

Ohhh boy, it's been so long again....

@LowPolyLama: Hey, man!! Yeah, I own the book but it felt too high level to me and I could barely move foreward, so I switched to another book for now. Back 3 months ago I was actually kinda proud of the crappy line drawings. Now though... :)

@alexdanila: Hey man, how's it going? Thanks for your advice, I'm trying to get it together, but perspective is reeeaally not my strong point. I'll keep trying!

I'm starting a new series of daily drawings today, with a focus on perspective and lineart. We'll see how far it can go.

Daily sketch from today + yesterday

Attached Files Image(s)

Number 3, today with sloppy detailing as I ran out of time.

Attached Files Image(s)

Number 4, so far so good

Attached Files Image(s)