Fedodika the Koala
Looking good Fed. I like the vibes of the image so far. I did a lil quick paintover to hopefully show a couple of issues that immediately stand out.

Something that stands out is that the left arm/hand is completely different colour to the chest and face. With the chest, the way it's shaded makes her look like she only has one titty. The top doesn't show any volume in the shadows or light. I probably went too far with the paintover, but hopefully it helps. I also changed the direction of her stomach, because rn it's looking like her stomach is going away from us, but her chest is coming forward, so it ends up looking a touch awkward.

With her face I made her eye closer to the nose and the lips a bit smaller, but that's probably personal preference more than anything.

Anyway. Hope it's helpful. 

[Image: tumblr_ppq5t554Ih1xxah6io1_1280.jpg]
Idk why but i see her smoking a crack pipe.I think you should clarify what going on here.Gonna be honest i think you should spend a little more time improving your hair rendering i think it lagging behind try to simply your approch and style.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(04-10-2019, 11:59 AM)Fedodika Wrote: alriiight, gonna add the legs tomorrow to this and just keep taggin it. feel free to rek if you see any goofy shit

I like this piece in general, its playfulness, colors, composition, anatomy - these seem good for me. There is only one thing that really bothers me out or I should say freaks me out... and I'm talking about her teeth. O_O IMHO, they placed too forward as if being in the middle of the nose. That's creepy.

Sketchbook (^_^)
 [page01] [page02] [page03] [page04]

| DeviantArt | Instagram |
chubby,dark,roanna: thanks for the writeups i spent a disturbing amount of time today trying to draw these legs in and i still dont like them. May end up cropping it and just focusing on making the top half look great. That whole Plannin ahead thing! i tried to incorperate each thing, and reduced her hand size a little. very frustrating day literally 4 hours on these goofy legs

Attached Files Image(s)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
I guess it as to do with leak of gesture study of contraposto or some sh1t like that.Don't forget to flip the canva this should not be something new for you but it alway good that someone like be that annoying voice who repeat common sense to other artist.

My Sketchbook
The face is really well painted and I think you should just focus on that part of the painting, the legs feel a little tacked on and don't really add anything in my opinion. I say crop the shit out of that image and make it all about the face, then the cool glasses will be easier to notice and the pen in mouth will be easier to read.
Problem is that cropping is kind of awkward right now because of all the edges being made at the bottom of the image

[Image: c1ayCN5.png]

its hard not to make a tangent the way it is now. One solution would be moving the left hand higher but I'm not sure how easy that would be to paint. And lastly I think this image would benefit from a more square crop instead of the normal vertical or horizontal compositions, I think a square helps bring the focus to the face even more and gives the image a more "personal" feel. 
Anyway all the things I talked about are just personal taste and not really solid advice. Rendering is really good, maybe some hints of some sort of a background would go a long way.

[Image: mQl0FWL.png]

here's a quick hackjob to demonstrate what I mean
Hey Fedodika! Plenty of good advice from fellow daggers, probably there´s no need for my advice but anyway, if my two cents make difference, here they are haha;

1. Break a bit the stiffness of the pose. She seems like a secretary/ assistant, so a slighty formal pose sounds legit. ( maybe pop a neon blue from her ipad, something tech-ish.

2. Her frame is slightly thin, so alongating a bit the legs willl probably work in the favour of the girl.

3. Added a slightly casual clothing as a way to bring some personality and sassiness.

4. The arms, specialy the right feel a bit off, nothing that you can´t easily correct.

Really like the concept, and it can work as a solid stand alone character design for your portfolio.

Cheers!

Thanks for all the writeups yall, i did some minor tweaks today that ended up taking longer than i expected. Im definitely gonna go no legs, and im happy how this piece turned out :D

So ill be occupied prolly tomorrow and saturday, and on sunday ill probably draw up some accompanying line sketches to show her doing various things for the artstation post to kinda flesh out her character a tiny bit. i had this idea shed have like yoga pants with medical crosses all over them, little on the sexy side. may do another character soon, i wanna do one a little raunchier with the costume, no promises on anything tho well see

again many thanks to any little paintovers to rick and coinhero. for rick i tried the sash but it wouldnt fit, i did like the idea though! coinhero youre right i will ditch the legs, i shoulda opened up with a more gestural flow, i feel im underestimating my drawing skills and using 3d, may try that next time for a better flow

Thanks again!

Attached Files Image(s)

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
prolly gonna be doing a big mural soon at a store in my town with feudal japanese characters, kinda kimg jung gi style, im excited, also practicing quick sketch some more from watts, prolly my 3rd or 4th tim going through these quick sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

look up satsuma gishiden

Wow, that's great news. My congratulations <3

Sketchbook (^_^)

I'm not sure how to respond specifically to a previous post without cluttering things up, but the sketch with the very pronounced ribcage is by Sabin Howard. He primarily makes sculptures but I think his drawings are out of this world! You should check out more of them here: https://sabinhoward.com/SabinHowardDrawings/

Really great to see your progress from when you first started posting here, way to be! Also congrats on the mural!
Gliger: cool thx <3

Roanna: thx!

Nikel: thanks my dude, clutter me if you feel it

Workin my koala hide off today lotta design stuff, also did a sketch for the previous lady for an art station little bonus, i love clicking a picture and it having lots of other conceptual explorations following it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Congrats on the news, Fed! That's awesome :)
Aw the foreshorting of the leg in #1,933.I think you should add this on your next priority.It not clear if her feet are resting on something or not.

My Sketchbook
The leg foreshortening on the last image is very off, grab ref or construct basic forms to figure that one out, other than refreshing to see that you are going outside your comfort zone and doing a lot more personal pieces.

chubby, darkiste, hobbit: Thanks and i tried to fix it, the reference i had actually had the legs like that, the foreshortening was weird, but i pushed it since even a girl i knew who isnt an artists noticed that issue. this is a bonus sketch its not something im going to push any further, i wanna do a few of these for each portfolio piece to show i can show depth of a concept

I'll have some more cool stuff tomorrow was in town all day

Attached Files Image(s)

Look great i feel like your getting better a creating the illusion of space with the shadow and perspective in place.Thing start to look rather solid to be honest.I still think you should spend more time doing thumbnail in flat value to learn to create strong read.

My Sketchbook
(04-15-2019, 12:10 PM)Fedodika Wrote: prolly gonna be doing a big mural soon at a store in my town with feudal japanese characters, kinda kimg jung gi style, im excited, also practicing quick sketch some more from watts, prolly my 3rd or 4th tim going through these quick sketches

Those looks sweet. I usually like stuff like this more than super polished stuff, not sure why.
Hi Fedodika.
I've tried to do some perspective research, cause this theme is extremely complicated for me and I "don't feel" it as Kim Jung Gi or Moderndayjames (even close), that is why any type of challenges is interesting for me. I assumed that she is 8 heads tall and that her legs are touching the ground. Although I'm not confident with the result and feel like it needs more improvement, what I know for sure is that to fix the legs you need to fix (or even build) perspective grid.
Another thing to mention is that a head of "silver" girl is too pointy and alien-ish. And also try to repeat gesture with the folds on her blouse.
PS I'm pretty sure that my kind of perspective build is wrong, but at least I might give you an idea how to check your illustration.
PPS Had a hard time figuring out how to project "vertical rectangle" onto horizontal plane. But if you could easilyj do this, it wouldn't be a problem for you.
Cheers

Sketchbook (^_^)