Shin's Sketchbook
Decided i'll do an portrait study today but then again failed like last time and really saw how much i need to practice more on the structure so i scribbled some random faces before going to bed...

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
Started to add some values on the faces with the studyes from Loomis books and it's really like everyone says.. an love-hate relationship..

Small update of an value study..critiques and tips are always welcome..

Here i am again with small updates (i feel like i'm not doing enough~>.<)..still i finished studying male's face in Loomis book and decided to see what i learned from it so i drew the old man in the middle (bad camera makes the rendering bad as well >~<)..i will draw more of it for sure.. more below are just some starting studyes of female face..

Keep pushing man! definitely keep applying.

(04-15-2014, 01:52 AM)JacobJanerka Wrote: Keep pushing man! definitely keep applying.

Sure will.. :)

Going trough the Women's head chapter from Loomis so here are just a few quick study sketches of it plus another man's head study with rendering..

Don't forget about that face grid that you were practicing earlier- apply it on this sketches and watch out where mouth, nose and eyes should be positioned. You're doing great keep it up =)
Ohh and you should post your studies from Silver Brushes- those are looking nice.

CD dA FM  MaL
(04-19-2014, 03:52 AM)Toxicpanda Wrote: Don't forget about that face grid that you were practicing earlier- apply it on this sketches and watch out where mouth, nose and eyes should be positioned. You're doing great keep it up =)
Ohh and you should post your studies from Silver Brushes- those are looking nice.

About the face grid, i apply it but in the beginning, i just quickly scribble the eyes and other features on some faces just to experiment something, next time i'll post more better and precise studies also the Silver Brushes ones.. :)

Value study done mostly with chalk brush..

Update of quick women's face sketches, also some skull and plane studies..need to make more of them..

Hi Shin, thanks for stopping by my sketchbook, I see you're doing really well with your head studies, in just two months right? Progress can be quick, even with limited drawing time, as long as you keep it regular! Keep it up my friend : )

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Couldn't do much today so here are some quick sketches of girl's head traditionaly and digital..

Seeing some good improvement in the faces. I like that you pick a variety of angles to try.

Another love-hate thing that really helps is a mirror (horizontal flip in PS, or a real one in real life). You'll be going along, thinking you're ok, flip the image and will suddenly see what's off. I also like to use my pencil (or tablet pen) to check various angles and how things line up.

Good luck!

Sketchbook

(04-22-2014, 08:25 AM)JyonnyNovice Wrote: Hi Shin, thanks for stopping by my sketchbook, I see you're doing really well with your head studies, in just two months right? Progress can be quick, even with limited drawing time, as long as you keep it regular! Keep it up my friend : )

Yup, it really proved me that even with lot's of failure in the beginning, if you're stubborn enough, you'll achieve your goal eventualy ! :)
Same good luck to you as well~

(04-25-2014, 04:23 PM)Tygerson Wrote: Seeing some good improvement in the faces. I like that you pick a variety of angles to try.

Another love-hate thing that really helps is a mirror (horizontal flip in PS, or a real one in real life). You'll be going along, thinking you're ok, flip the image and will suddenly see what's off. I also like to use my pencil (or tablet pen) to check various angles and how things line up.

Good luck!

Thank you for the feedback ! :D

Yea, i know what u mean and i flip the image a good amount of time to check it but still the only thing i'm geting are some wrong line-up then and there but i plan on working on that as well.. :)

(04-25-2014, 05:16 PM)Mariyan-Hristov Wrote: I agree with Tygerson, one can see the improvement in this sketchbook

Thank you !

Skull studies !

Always tought about making them now and then so i'll start from these..

Doing mostly studies, will upload them soon so here are just some quick scratches and traditional rendering practice..

So before i start something new, i decided to go trough some basics again and be sure to remember them well..

Very nice skull studies! Have you tried poking at your face in front of a mirror to feel where all those bones are in a real face? It's an odd exercise, but it kinda helps and doesn't take long.

Keep up the good work!

Sketchbook

(04-29-2014, 03:36 PM)Tygerson Wrote: Very nice skull studies! Have you tried poking at your face in front of a mirror to feel where all those bones are in a real face? It's an odd exercise, but it kinda helps and doesn't take long.

Keep up the good work!

Nothing is odd if it helps ! :D
And yea, i tried that and i'm glad to see i'm not the only one doing it.. xD

Thank you !

Small update~!

Tried something else so i began with some color studies and picked up on digital portrait study again.. i think i improved since the last one i did..