Nicky D's Sketchworld
Prometheus film still

Great stuff in here man! That still life with the mouse and silverware made me go HHHNNNNNGGGGGG

Beautiful!

Come tell me how to fix stuff in my sketchbook: Broadway's Sketchbook
(04-24-2016, 04:46 PM)Broadway Wrote: Great stuff in here man! That still life with the mouse and silverware made me go HHHNNNNNGGGGGG

Beautiful!

Thank you Broadway!

Another study from Mr. Sargent. Gotta learn those brushstrokes...

Alien

Damn how you holding up with the study/memory exercises? They always kick my ass so hard :D

Memory studies are extremely helpful!
Your memory drawings as good as the copies, how do you do it? :)
And great work on simplification!

Thank you CrackedSkull and Neopatogen!
It's really all about the gesture. If you understand the balance and placement of the limbs on the base pose, the details are easy to add on top.
Also, the red drawings that I do in the memory section are corrections, so that helps me focus on certain weaknesses

This is going to be routine for now since I don't have a ton of time for painting. Figure studies in the morning and a photo study in the evening.

I picked a really stupid pose to study today but whatever

Another still from Alien. Started with a block-in using a quick lines and textured brushes, then blended everything and put in details with the soft round. 
Now that I'm looking at them side by side I think the block-in has more energy. Less airbrush on the next round.

Hellboy

Pan's Labyrinth 

I like your strategy - figures in the morning and a paint study in the evening. It feels like you're really making efficient use of your time. Awesome paint studies by the way - especially the digital still life!

Keep up the awesomeness dude!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(05-06-2016, 08:58 AM)Artloader Wrote: I like your strategy - figures in the morning and a paint study in the evening.  It feels like you're really making efficient use of your time.  Awesome paint studies by the way - especially the digital still life!

Keep up the awesomeness dude!

Thank you Artloader, I'm doing the best I can with what  limited time I have! I appreciate the compliments my friend

really good studies from memory! It's always a good exercise to do. I agree with the airbrush look on the photo studies, the block in just seems more fresh imo, but keep at it!  Thumbs_up

(05-07-2016, 01:41 AM)CTrow Wrote: really good studies from memory! It's always a good exercise to do. I agree with the airbrush look on the photo studies, the block in just seems more fresh imo, but keep at it!  Thumbs_up

thank you CTrow

I'm getting way too lazy with updating, need to snap out of that.
Here's a little something from The Martian that I'm working on.
I've also got a bunch of pencil sketches to throw into the scanner but that can wait until tomorrow.

Lovely stuff man. Keep this all up!

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
(05-08-2016, 05:30 PM)OtherMuzz Wrote: Lovely stuff man. Keep this all up!

Thanks man!

Did some character sketches today just for fun, just the same old cliche soldier guys with hoods and armor and swords.
Made some progress on the study as well.

The Martian