Neopatogen Sketchbook
Carefully apply your brush strokes ! I noticed  that you are mindlessly using soft and hard edges in some of your studies /paintings.

The Way Of The S4MURAI  (sketchbook)
(03-06-2016, 04:09 PM)S4MURAI_CAT Wrote: Carefully apply your brush strokes ! I noticed  that you are mindlessly using soft and hard edges in some of your studies /paintings.

You're right, I have actually problems with them edges! I'll try to find some way to handle it :)

(03-06-2016, 02:19 PM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: It's great you spend some time analizing things. I did a lot of that as well and I do believe it's sometimes even more effective than painting itself as sometimes, for many people, painting study becomes more of a mindless copy chore.

Thank you, I'm planning to continue this thinking practice. There's obviously a lot of stuff that I simply don't understand yet.

(02-01-2016, 07:25 PM)neopatogen Wrote: First, assignments for Something about form classes. I actually made more of those studies, just don't want to to bore everyone too much.

No no, you aren't! :D 
Post up everything - your sketchbook on CD should be the one place where you feel safe/free to post all your studies/sketches/etc without fear of anything.

But yeah, great sketchbook - the analytical one is the one who soaks up the most info in the end! Also hey, great job applying your studies from imagination, that's also the way to go! 

Looking forward to seeing more personal sketches. But no need to feel pressured into creating sketches; always try to have an idea before you get into it, -- think about ideas throughout the day -- at least that's what I've learned haha - it'll save so much hassle 

Keep up the good work!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(03-07-2016, 02:10 PM)smrr Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 07:25 PM)neopatogen Wrote: First, assignments for Something about form classes. I actually made more of those studies, just don't want to to bore everyone too much.

No no, you aren't! :D 
Post up everything - your sketchbook on CD should be the one place where you feel safe/free to post all your studies/sketches/etc without fear of anything.

But yeah, great sketchbook - the analytical one is the one who soaks up the most info in the end! Also hey, great job applying your studies from imagination, that's also the way to go! 

Looking forward to seeing more personal sketches. But no need to feel pressured into creating sketches; always try to have an idea before you get into it, -- think about ideas throughout the day -- at least that's what I've learned haha - it'll save so much hassle 

Keep up the good work!
Smrr great to get a comment from you, sempai! :) 
I actually heared a similar idea about thinking ideas throughout the day in "Learning how to learn course" on Coursera, that's so-called "diffuse mode" of thinking as opposite to the "focus mode" of our brain. Great that you have the same idea!  I'll try to keep it in mind.

Tried to make photos of my today's perspective studies, but the lighting is too bad at night, I'll post them later. I feel that I need to learn perspective a bit deeper than everyone seems to learn it as a beginner, I understand way more about form and why objects look 3d  after every perspective study.

Some concept of advertising materials (children's toys) for my small freelance job.
And a color sketch for (hopefully) an illustration. Still very rough. I've been testing Gurney Gamut tool, it's very helpful because I suck at color :)
And my first awful attempt to sculpt without having watched any tutorials.  But I will certainly watch them and try to sculpt something decent :)
Lazy to make photos of my perspective studies again... next time
Looking forward to more studies tomorrow!

Attached Files Image(s)

Great stuff here! Can't wait to see more. : )
Cool to see someone else trying to learn zbrush, its tricky here are tutorials i found useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO--0h8XHiw
this one more about the interface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ididulfg9w

this is a series still following it more practical approach

Cool drawings, looking forward to those perspective studies those are very crucial.Keep up the good work!

Riprap, Hobitt, thank you!! Hobitt, I'll watch the videos that you recommended! Got to manage my time as effectively as possible to do 10% of what I would like to... Well 10% is much more than nothing!
This week's studies, as I promised in my Deathline thread.
I did study something every day, but that's not enough, obviously. Some of my metal studies remained unfinished, I don't post them. Also, failed with my Ist self-portrait because I was not concentrated enough. Didn't even render it properly becausethe basic forms are so incorrect. I actually see my mistakes, so I'll try to get better with my next portrait.
Some sketches for Crucible here, too!
Let's keep going :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome updates, the assassins creed Arya is a great idea(i'm still struggling to come up with ideas myself lol).

btw That giant turtle composition, if you continue with it maybe try a new composition from below, have the guy on one side and the giant turtle standing up higher then the horizon line, not sure if i'm explaining it well XD, but basically maybe try and give it a sense of scale, painting with an upwards perspective would give the turtle a more epic feeling.
right now it looks pretty bland composition wise.

great stuff,
keep it going with the "how to draw" stuff :)
it's worth it :)

Some recent stuff. Still struggling with the sketches for Crucible, I'll post them later because I'm not  happy with any of those yet. But the challenge helps to understand better, what I'm particularly bad at and what needs more studies :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Hiya, loving your Arya concepts!

I saw your question in Smrr's sketchbook, seemed like you were still confused so I drew a little thing - maybe you figured it out already but in case you didn't here it is, that book can hurt your head so much XD

I just did his same example but did it in a few more steps hopefully this makes it clear.

[Image: MyCpRu4.jpg]
(there's a bigger version here if you can't read the writing on that: http://i.imgur.com/W5oM0g5.jpg )

Hope it's useful! It's so great to persevere with that book, you will become so much stronger from finishing it!

EDIT: Realised I added the values a bit incorrectly, but really just used them to show the shape is not flat on top but has curve on top that's defined by the first 'hovering' line down the centre.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
JyonnyNovice thank you so much! It's perfectly understandable now! I'll draw some of those curves and post them here!
Here's some of my latest stuff. It seems like I'm on a plateau in my art journey, just got to go further, if I persevere I must improve :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Soviet Arya looks bad ass, also nice use of the wights.

Thank you @Triggerpigking!
I almost haven't done anything but Crucible this week, but I feel I've got a level up. Some rest hanging out in Daggers, and back to work and studies :)

Attached Files Image(s)

the amount of work you are putting in is great :)

Thanks Leonard! 
Some studies before sleep

Attached Files Image(s)

I'd love to do more of those :) Continue practising Figue drawing by Loomis.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some cloth studies. Got to do more because I don't understand completely how folds work. Hogarth proved to be more effective than a master study to me, though my sketch is very sketchy :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Today's studies - fundamentals and some cloth wrinkles

Attached Files Image(s)