Artloader - Sketchbook
Trying a different process but I think it's still not right:

1. Silhouette combined with gesture.
2. Construction.
3. Darkest darks.
4. Dark half tones.
5. Full lights.
6. Blending and painting over the linework.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Good one artloader! Don't forget the back of the head is lumpy and organic

Here check this free, app about skulls it's really useful

http://www.anatomy360.info/skull-sketcher/

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
@Fedodika: Yeah his head is a bit blocky - good catch mate - thanks :) and WOW that Anatomy 360 site is pretty awesome! How can that skull sketcher be free? Thanks for the link mate - appreciated.

Taking part in Chow Down #1, here's a couple of WIPS:

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Since I'm going to be out of action for the next few days, I've completed by piece for Chow Down #1 tonight.

"On the broken world of Dustryon, Princess Tronica Vin is heir to the throne of Vangaia and is a technological genius but she is easily bored.  To get her kicks she takes to the streets of her crime ridden kingdom and indulges in a bit of vigilantism.  Armed with a chainsword of her own design she has taken down some heavy duty baddies already.  What will she do next?"

CD Sketchbook

Hey Artloader,
Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook.  Solid anatomy studies, something I should tackle soon.  I wanted to ask how the phone paintings are going?
@sansReAnne: Thanks for stopping by ReAnne :).  I'm afraid not much has happened lately on my phone drawing experiment - I find the only time I have for art is late at night when I have the option of using my Wacom Intuos 3 so I prefer to use that instead of my phone.

Thought I'd get back to doing some gestures - so useful for building up a visual library of poses which helps me to invent more natural looking poses.

I did some 5 min gestures then some 2 min gestures.

CD Sketchbook

Reviewed this blog post on gestures by Michael Hampton and then did some 2 minute gestures:

http://figuredrawingdotinfo.blogspot.co....awing.html

CD Sketchbook

I was reading Johannes (algenpfleger) and as he practiced gestures watching video on youtube and reviewing the book of loomis (pag116. The mechanics of movement XD) then I started practicing that way and it's great, you learn in an efficient way like the Body moves and more insteresting stuff. ^^

Attached Files Image(s)

'The best way to have a good ideas is to have a lot of ideas ' Linus Paulingth
Ahh that's too bad, I hoped you'd be like "check this out, boom, boom, boom" :) cause I have/had the same problem with drawing on my phone, but yeah I guess it easier to do full renders on the tablet.  One thing I found with the phone though is that its nice for recording colors on the go.  It might not look like anything, but you can get the HSV.
Hello Artloader :) !

I see that you're progressing alot in gestures.
Just look at this one:

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...?aid=95254

and then on this:

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...?aid=95315

I think there's huge difference in plus at the second one and I think you're going on the right direction with it. In the second one, there's alot more dynamism and that's good. You know, I'm not an expert, but maybe I could suggest more "line economy" - I mean by that, try to use one single correct line instead of overlapping few lines. I think it would look even better, because from the first example to the second one I showed you, there's also a difference in line economy, so I think you're aware of it, but I just wanted to highlight this, so you can think about it :)

@Abnormal: Hey thanks mate - that looks like a great way to practice gesture - I will give it a go :).

@sansReAnne: Sorry ReAnne!  I might get back to it at some point and will report on how I get on :).

@Slashy: Thanks for dropping by - yep good call with the line economy - something for me to work on.

In the meantime I made a start on Amit's Environment Design Rocks course with some Notan exercises:

CD Sketchbook

Been working on a lighting study for a book cover.  I'm hoping that I can use the Blender Cycles rendering engine to help me work out lighting schemes.  Here the kettle has a glowing ring on it and there is a campfire behind the camera.

CD Sketchbook

Been pressing on with Amit's EDR course and also keeping up with sketching figures.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=96056]

CD Sketchbook

Hey Artloader!
I really like your poses and anatomy sketches -- some of them have a really nice flow!
Notan sketches are awesome as well! Keep it going ;)

Hi!
I like your figure drawings and those abstract compositions!
I've never heard of Blender Cycles rendering engine but it looks very helpful! I also struggle with lighting in my paintings. I liked Color and Light by James Gurney, it helped but I think I'll need to reread it! It's quite famous so you probably have heard of it but if not - give it a try!

Keep up the good work!

@GregorKari: Thanks for dropping by dude, I will do my best to keep it going!

@AlexShi: Thanks :).  Blender is a free 3D modelling and animation program, it is has a great rendering engine that renders light based on real world physics (reflection, refraction, etc.).  If you're interested, you can read more at blender.org.  Yep I bought myself Color and Light for Christmas and intend to put it to good use, thanks for the tip though :).

Finally found some useful art I can do on my phone, notan exercises:

CD Sketchbook

I've been working on a kettle design for my project with my author friend - modeled in Blender:

CD Sketchbook

Loving the designs of your compositions. Keep it up!

Omg Blender! I'm so stupid, I thought the name is Blender Cycles and it's something else.
I have Blender installed on my PC but didn't get around to learning how to use it yet.
I like the kettle! Is it hard to make something like this from scratch?

Aye nice notan exercises ;)
Also I like that half rendered figure in purple, she has a cool sci-fi vibe going on with the exposed construction in her torso.