varbas is a noob
Wanted to post here for some time but didnt really get to it and wanted to wait for my skills to get better, but what good comes from waiting, soo I am starting now. Try to post as often as I find possible but dont expect much. Wanting to get better aiming now for illustration/character design or something like that. Not really long term goal just something as my mind is set for no.
If somebody is interesting what I did so far you can check my other sketchbook here- http://permanoobs.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&...09a6df4a71 
but from now on I will be posting here as well.

Hey varbas, welcome to the Daggers <3

Haha ohhhh yes, spot on with the "what good comes from waiting" - glad you mustered up the courage to start a sketchbook, seriously. It's all about the work you put in that matters anyway ~

Your pencils are lookin' good! I checked out your other sketchbook too - you're gonna be dope if you keep it going!

I've got no crits for now, if you need a paintover - hit me up :)
But yea, just keep it up - I'd love to see where you go from here!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
smrr - thanks and thanks for comment I am going to take you on that paintover :D but first I should do some works. 
Some studies and sketches. I get that studies shouldnt look amazing or anything but been really struggling wiht colors lately. Trying to figure out what I am doing wrong and for now I found that I cant really see value when looking straight on the color piece soo going to work on that.

ps- I was doing some work for chow on conceptart.org but didnt finish in time :D maybe I work on it later or not we will see.
edit. woho why is my text blue ?

Hey! Nice colors with that person with green hair!

The thing about that recurring thought of "I'm not good enough now", never really goes away. Even though my work now is light years ahead of my work a decade ago (Yes, I am that much of a bad artist!), the feeling of being insufficient and not being good enough is always there.

Good thing about that is, you'll always have a reason to climb higher.. I remember those moments thinking to myself that I was the shit only to end up realizing I was shit.

Never plateau! Welcome to the Crimson Daggers!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
[b]John[/b]  - thanks for comment. Yea I am mostly just saying it, not really going to the corner crying and punishing myself because I am shit, maybe just keeping myself in check that I have work to do or to study. Btw like that quote from dave rapoza :D

Some studies and sketches didnt do much these past days but still better that nothing.
btw movie the witch is really cool if somebody is interesting in some horror.

Some sketches and studies. Not too much but have been trying some things with lines and design.

These last couple of days I didnt do fucking shit. Felt like burn out but on the other hand I think its just some stupid excuse but I dont know. You win some and you lose some so meh...

Something from past days. Didnt really study hard trying to figure out how to study mor efficiently, or study more what I use for current things I want to do rather then doing studies for the sake of studying.
the last color study is not for drawing but for the proces of coloring and light study :D so it looks weird but whatever 

Nice work here Varbas, I love your colour and value studies and great work with your anatomy studies. If I may, I would also suggest throwing in some gesture exercises to help in keeping your figures looking fluid and natural.

Keep up the great work though mate!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

artloader- Thanks alot, gestures are cool totaly forgot about that. For past few days I am trying to figure out what and how to balance studying soo dont want to do alot of different stuff and get burn out or something. But gestures are cool warmup thanks :D

quick update just from today... Nothing much. dont really know what to do with the background on that WIP need to figure it out.

Didnt do shit these days... been drinking like a cool guy ... the past days I have been thinking that I dont really know how would I find work doing this and actually been thinking of quiting art ... dont really know what to do
edit. did little sketch soo I upload it to todays thread :D dont know if I am going to finish it 

Is it daily update? .. oh no .. Some studies and sketchin dont really like that horns but I use it for render study or something like that. Aimless studies as usual :D

Dome sketches I am done with the horn girl and some lazy studies.. didnt do much

Some sketches and studies .. didnt do much work these days and today I didnt draw anything ...

Some stuff from today.. Went to school so I didnt do much only some unfinished still life without aplication and doing light in sketch... after couple of days I think I will go daily but who knows.

Some studies. Did this thing where I painted a study and then trying to recreat it from memory but it takes alot of time for me atleast so I dont get around to do imagination things... Feeling bad not doing imagination things If I countinue  doing stuff like that I at least do some warmup sketches to do at least something....

Some sketches and studies from today. Started one that I dont post because it is a rought sketch... that riven thing is maybe more complicated that I can do right now .. I dont know what to do with the background ..

Today I didnt do any studies, tryied to jump right into personal stuff and I found out I am more focused when I dont do studyies before soo I try to concider that when building studying plan.. Some sketches and studies from day before.. On the riven thing I think I did really dark face but wanted to hair to stand out ... Maybe fuck it up tho

You have really fantastic colour+value studies. Keep it up!
plissken - thanks these went pretty smooth to make but didnt learn alot from them 

Went off from painting for couple days dont know what I am doing... couple of days it feels like I dont even know what am I doing ... I forgot how to render :D