Motato's Journal
Hello people of Crimson Daggers, I don't remember if I created a SB here before and I could find it, so I'm starting one. I's very happy to join your community and become a better illustrator.

Here are some of the last head studies I did.

You guys rock and lets #getgut.
Hey Alberto welcome to CD! Really nice studies you have here. I especially like the last guy you did. The planes of the face look great in that one. Maybe try to control your brushstrokes a bit more they sometimes look a bit wonky. Keep em coming I wanna see more <3

(02-16-2017, 09:59 AM)NoodleInBox Wrote: Hey Alberto welcome to CD! Really nice studies you have here. I especially like the last guy you did. The planes of the face look great in that one. Maybe try to control your brushstrokes a bit more they sometimes look a bit wonky. Keep em coming I wanna see more <3

Thank you NoodleInBox I have been studying a lof in regard of planes and values. it's good to be here.
Starting a 25 figure studies, getting the linework done with this 2 and then will add values :D

Hey Alberto - nice start here. I like how you've captured the shadow shapes in these last 2 figure studies, that should be really useful when you get around to rendering.

Keep up the good work :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

So, I've been radio silent for over a year, really don't know how active cubebrush is atm, anyway will post for my personal interest and hope to have some good conversations.

Here's a fanart I made of Metal Gear Solid V

Nice cover overall But the police should not tangent with anything.Also the police is really ugly and i think it also too small to balance out the rest of the element.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(07-03-2018, 12:13 PM)darktiste Wrote: Nice cover overall But the police should not tangent with anything.Also the police is really ugly and i think it also too small to balance out the rest of the element.

Thanks for the feedback
Finished this color master study, it's hard to master, but enjoying the process.

Doing a study of this wolf for a future illustration

Working on this new study

Do you know how to adjust brush direction?
Take a flat brush if you want to blend.You show alot of control in color and you have a good sense of proportion.
Any particular reason why you didn't finish the grape,the orange,the plant and the boy eye?
Overall i think the point you can improve is pushing yourself to avoid leaving any element unfinish and to blend

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.