Paginas y MAS!
m0aR figure sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

Figure construction practice and application. The model, a fellow artist himself. :)
Really doing my best in trying not do 'finished' drawings. With my current practice I've become more and more in tune with the process itself and making each step read clearly.

Attached Files Image(s)

Various figures from live evening sessions the last few months. Hoping to get back to that regularly soon.
Currently, about to finish some leg/foot practice off Old Masters next few days/wks before moving on to learning about Light and Shadows. Enjoy the weekend!

Attached Files Image(s)

Loving your gesture lines as always, very lively and you seem to have a very solid understanding of form and general anatomy of the figure based on your studies. Very impressive all around, keep it up!

(08-06-2022, 04:21 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Loving your gesture lines as always, very lively and you seem to have a very solid understanding of form and general anatomy of the figure based on your studies.  Very impressive all around, keep it up!

Hi cgmythology, as always thanks for the kind encouragement.
Anatomy is something I haven't hit hard actually! Most of these pages are a practice of structure, but it's nice to know that it's at least reading through shape, form, rendering.

Did an assessment the last 2 wks and Anatomy is a subject I will hit the books on in the coming months.

Cheers!

4-hr long-pose from 2018 I wanna say...
These are ones I would love to do daily at least. I was only doing it monthly back then.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another long-pose from that year.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking good! Loving your linework and your shading in general, very professional and 3D looking which is important for these types of studies. Keep it going!

(08-14-2022, 08:28 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Looking good!  Loving your linework and your shading in general, very professional and 3D looking which is important for these types of studies.  Keep it going!
Thanks dude, great to hear! Looking at Michelangelo lately, I love the sculptural dimensionality he adds with his rendering. Def gonna learn from him!

Hey all! I just wrapped up a sketchbook this past week. I also finished my study of Legs/Feet from Steve Huston's book a week before. I will be showing pages from that. Spent this past week on his last chapter: Finishing Details with Light & Shadow. Rendering is something I really need work on. Gonna focus hard this month on it.

But first, here's something by Bougereau from a museum visit in Spring. Awesome dude! In love

Attached Files Image(s)

Another Bougereau sheet of a hand (done at museum, same painting) and some feet studies from a nice drawing from him. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Pages of copies off of Steve Huston's Leg/Foot chapter.

Attached Files Image(s)

General life drawing page. Didn't do much of it for this sketchbook but planning on doing it exclusively starting October until end of year. >_<

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello! Gonna be showing off mainly my Leg/Foot practice that I did from my Old Master book collection. Like the Arms/Hands, this was my first time really giving attention to this part of the figure. Main goal was Gesture and Structure. I learned a bunch but I know Anatomy and Rendering will need the equal attention to improve upon what I know.
These are from Francois Boucher and Durer. The lower-side are Raphael.

Attached Files Image(s)

Studies. The lower-left pair of legs are by Giovanni Maria Ciocchi. I was quite impressed by his drawings and learned a lot from them.

Attached Files Image(s)

Donato Creti studies.  A lesser-known Italian artist a little after that Renaissance trio.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some foot studies from a favorite: Andrea Del Sarto. I was fortunate enough to see some of his original drawings a few back. Other legs from Michelangelo, Callot, and Signorelli.

Attached Files Image(s)

Luca Giordano studies. Baroque-era Italian painter. He did these badass Angel vs Satan paintings. I think the others are Carraci?

Attached Files Image(s)

I think another after Ciocchi (left). Others are breaking down the forms through the leg + knee structures.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good consistency in the last few day.Keep going.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.