Bjulvar's Sketchbook
Thanks you two!

Here's an obsidian war-bird sketch

And a little companionstudy, I like turtles. That's the second time I make that joke.

Spent the day with this little beast

Oh, that's really got the makings of something cool. I can't wait to see it all painted out!

Sketchbook

Hey thanks :D
I hope it turns out alright. Trying hard not to cross the border into dragon territory!

Really crappy day! Pounding migraines are the bane of my existance. Sharing stuff anyway :P

Started the day with some gestures. Then I tried doing various studies of the same subject. I hate doing mindless studies, which I usually do. So this was an attempt to stay focused on getting as much out of it as I could. Moving onto the birdie-burd now.

yesss daily updates :O ! love how you did that last vulture study. Definitely tough to get into that mindset of really actually studying, I been trying to mix up my study methods too. hoping to see that war bird finished!

Aww yeah! Thanks man, I used to do it but it didn't really stick for long. You remember more if you try to understand it. I've always been so unsure of on how to study anyway. Sometimes it's just visual library filler or even just mindless copying :P
hope it works out for ya man, i'd definitly try memorystudies. They're the best but the damn hardest.
Me too, so here's a WiP just for you!

But first some obsidian studies, one observational and one from memory, but with a diffrent shape.

And the birdie

Yeah nice updates man ! Great study work and that "king of the sky" is going to be great, can't wait to see it finished ! :D

Thanks bro! Turning out to be more fun than expected! stay tuned! :D

Big time distractions today, but I managed to churn out a skull study of a turtle

And the hyped up movie of the year, Vulturedude 2

haha Vulturedude 2 what the hell :D still awesome design, native turkey haha really good

Haha yeah, it's all over the interwebs. Latest movie by George spielburger! Thanks :D

This mornings gestures!

I admit it guys, I suck at lineart. I covered it up with values!!

Sketchy thingie. It's from a project I've had going on for like 5 years. But the visuals never reach up to my expectations, so I often abandon it. One day *tear runs down cheek*

What does the inside of a mouth look like anywaay. Just wanted to get some colors.

Had some fun and did a quick repainting of the first digital "piece" I did.
I basically drew like 4 things digitally that year. Didn't get into it as much as I should have. I kinda gave it up because I sucked. That changed as soon as I got my cintiq. Not that the tablet makes you good. But it felt really motivational to have that piece of equipment in a way. It's weird that it's only been like a year and half that I've really been serious about what I'm doing, with studies and the conscious thought process Even though drawing has always been a part of my life. It's kind of fun to think that at the time I drew the first piece, I thought that I was pretty good. Now I'm full of anxiety and doubt. But I won't give up this time, gonna push it through.

Serious business.

Seven Samurai sketchies

So here's some gestures from this morning. I lowered the time limit for them to challenge myself. Followed by a warmup study that I limited myself to an hour for and tried a new brush that I made. I don't think that I liked it that much, came out very fuzzy.. Also a sketch I did to relax a bit yesterday.

duuude! pumping out stuff like crazy! thsi is great :D
and i like your affection for turtles! really cool pieces

Thanks man, I'm trying to atleast! The quality might suffer :P
Didn't know I had one tbh. It's just surfaced, what a revelation! :D

So I don't have any more time to work on this for the deadline. But it's been a swell ride!

now i know why in the last day you was doing a turtle warrior, you love them haha!! by the way, awesome studies do you have Bjulvar!!! and nice words in the post you said about your repainting, keep strong and lets do more hangout!

ha that rocky bird is looking good! i wonder how that thing manages to fly with all the extra burden, but its fantasy after all! the picture itself is going to be great.
And quite an inspiring improvement mate, and i know what you mean about all than anxiety and doubt. Just after i finished my last illustration i spent a couple of days drowned in doubt and melancholy, i had to slap myself in the face and start sketching to get into business again.
Like you said, we have to endure and keep going forward, no matter what.