Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Coinhero's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Super busy week finishing up the semester and stuff, I only have like 1 exam and I can relax and get some more drawing in. Finished up the live painting today and that's pretty much all I did art wise
the portrait looks very nice and i'm very intrigued that you're following my advise

keep painting and good luck with your exam  :D
I just love it when I find out 1 day before the exam I have to print my entire project :))))))))
[Image: GTeAtfo.jpg]
cant paint a lot right now
difficult exams are almost over
[Image: 1XqCWbI.jpg]
worked on the previous painting a bit and made this sketch
[Image: ib2IKec.jpg]
This is so much fun :D I think I should make the guy in the foreground a bit bigger[Image: RP7zUkb.jpg]
Idea I had to quickly sketch out before I forget it. I'll have to find some reference if I want to paint this =,=
[Image: wvkaRp5.jpg]
and I finished up the plane painting
[Image: sLUMiUj.jpg]
I love this so much :D
Happy holidays! I was out of town and couldn't post anything but I'm back now (at least till new years). I did a quick Sorolla study in oil of his painting "Fisherwoman from Valencia" 
[Image: uWontLD.jpg]
and then made a bunch of different versions of that cockpit painting, I think I'll go with this just need to actually look up some reference and try to make things make sence
[Image: SEbhG55.jpg]
Worked on this painting a bunch
[Image: FlCbGY3.jpg]I went made many versions of the interior wall, trying to reference from real life and painting all the tubes and welds but at the end I like this super quick and clean look more. I suck at making complex shapes read as one -,-
Sketched up a version without the mask because it looks terrible but its just like some place holder spots to figure out where the mouth and chin are. I don't know if I can get the emotion I'm going with right but if I don't try I'll never figure out how to do it. I'll try to finish it up tomorrow
today was a goddamn nightmare, I spend 2 hours trying to get an oil painting going and ended up wipeing off all the paint at the end. Anyway here is some paintings
[Image: JcrMtZb.jpg]
I like this painting flipped more. Did some small things here and there I don't want to render it out till it looks clean I like it like this more

Some stuff I did to cool off after failing at oil paint
[Image: nxA6Zql.jpg]
30~min map crunch study. I just really liked how bright the sun was and I wanted to copy that 
[Image: jZTyS2F.jpg]
Sargent study of his Edmond Gosse painting, took me about an hour to get it to this level. Likeness is terrible because I didn't make a line art sketch or anything I just wanted to paint something to feel like I didn't waste the day away.
Idea sketch and an Anders Zorn study I did't finish because I went out with friends
[attachment=104340]
[attachment=104341]
I spend most of my time today prepping for new years but still managed to squeeze in a bit of painting
[Image: YTuAjrv.jpg]
Having a terrible  fucking awesome time at a new year party atm might as well upload what I painted today
[Image: sDHW2m4h.jpg]
This image is very exhausting for me to work on and having slept only 3-4 hours is not helping -,-
I mostly focused on working on the background and trying to just figure stuff out. I changed the clouds because I didn't like how they were the only big element of the painting that's moving horizontally so I tried making them more vertical but I went too overboard 
[Image: oq0Y7wg.jpg]
Silly painting
[Image: 3R12D1j.jpg]
[Image: CmtuNfS.jpg]
??
[Image: 27MhrEp.jpg]
This is a lot of great/hard work :) I think one thing you can start trying to do is using broader brush strokes by simplifying shapes, instead of a bunch of tiny strokes.
(01-05-2018, 06:20 AM)yangdaniel027 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a lot of great/hard work :) I think one thing you can start trying to do is using broader brush strokes by simplifying shapes, instead of a bunch of tiny strokes.

Yea I've been having trouble with tiny brush strokes for a very long time. I'm make a conscious effort to try and fix that but it very easy to get carried away making little square leafs and loose sight of the painting as a whole :C
I did some little things on yesterdays painting and then started a study of this
[Image: nVXoJxS.jpg]
it was a turning out a little boring so I started changing things around here and there and eventually this happened
[Image: 2AJnI33.jpg]
idk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46