Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 2,131
» Latest member: SalllyMiller
» Forum threads: 7,311
» Forum posts: 124,110

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 1475 online users.
» 20 Member(s) | 1441 Guest(s)
AhrefsBot, Apple, Applebot, Baidu, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Facebook, Google, Mojeek, Moz, Pinterest, Semrush, Seznam, Yandex, Asher-Th3-Forg, CBinnsIllustration, cgmythology, Cosmic Inhabitant, D1$ass3mbl3d, Damien Levs, DK, Dominicque, FallingWater, GenesisVandrake, JosephCow, one_two, SalllyMiller, Shaping, Strelok_2012, VitorCardoso, Zizka

Latest Threads
Environment Challenge #4 ...
Forum: COMMUNITY CHALLENGES
Last Post: JosephCow
6 hours ago
» Replies: 8
» Views: 209
Critiques on piece
Forum: SEEKING CRITIQUE/PAINTOVERS
Last Post: D1$ass3mbl3d
9 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 30
̊˙˚˙ Fairly new artist
Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Last Post: D1$ass3mbl3d
Today, 12:32 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 32
Vandrake's sketchbook
Forum: SKETCHBOOKS
Last Post: GenesisVandrake
Yesterday, 10:02 PM
» Replies: 343
» Views: 102,932
Sketchbook: Version 1.5
Last Post: Damien Levs
04-25-2024, 11:20 AM
» Replies: 111
» Views: 11,115
Vitor sketchbook
04-25-2024, 11:17 AM
» Replies: 221
» Views: 63,627
Punky Sketches
Last Post: RottenPocket
04-25-2024, 08:53 AM
» Replies: 93
» Views: 68,447
Look what the Sonoran win...
04-24-2024, 06:11 PM
» Replies: 129
» Views: 35,879
How I stopped worrying an...
Forum: ART RELATED
Last Post: darktiste
04-23-2024, 06:39 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 65
CGMythology's Sketchbook
Last Post: Jephyr
04-23-2024, 10:06 AM
» Replies: 851
» Views: 209,006

Hey there..
Posted by: Superhmerh - 03-07-2012, 03:13 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hey I am Superhmerh, I am 13 years old, soon to be 14, and well what can I say, I always liked to draw and it has always been one of my main hobbies, but about two weeks ago I realised for me to get where I want to get in art I need to do it seriously and study so since then I have been doing studies, speed paintings of Landscapes ( Thanks Newsha ) looking at Loomis and just appreciating and creating art in a way I have never done before, so hopefully as time goes on I can improve in art and maybe just maybe become a decent artist.

Print this item

Heyo
Posted by: Mathias - 03-05-2012, 07:41 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (6)

Greetings all,

My name is Mathias and I am a 22 year old Dane living in London.

I heard about the Crimson Daggers when I was browsing Daarken's tutorial website Enliighten, and thought that an online illustration study group sounded like a brilliant idea!

And so far it hasn't disappointed. I've been watching a good deal of the videos so far, and I'd have to say that the critiques and general knowledge that you guys give out, especially on composition and general pointers have been incredibly helpful to me so far, and I greatly appreciate your, and everyone else's.

Personally I am very new to 'proper' drawing and painting. I have always been interested, but it wasn't till recently that I decided that this is actually what I would truly love to do with my life.

I currently work at a market research company in London, and when I am not working I am studying how to draw on my own. Currently I am working on anatomy using Andrew Loomis' book Drawing for All Its Worth and it is proving brilliant, though somewhat riddled with encrypted messaging that can be a pain to decipher on your own! I've recently purchased a simple bridge camera and I am using it for reference photos, and it has helped so far.

I am hoping to join some anatomy workshops once I feel a bit more confident about my abilities, but for now I am visiting museums here in London during the weekends and trying to draw various statues and sculptures as I can't quite afford live model studies ^^

I also use photoshop. I quite like the idea of painting digitally. At the moment I am doing a monthly webcomic for a guild wars clan that I am part of, to try and force myself to at least get some work done in photoshop and to maintain my stylus and tablet skills.

And that's it for me, for now! If you got through it, thanks for reading, I am looking forward to learning alongside you guys!

-Mathias

Print this item

Tongue Newbie reporting in
Posted by: iAmPesukone - 03-05-2012, 03:34 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hello everyone,

I'm a 18-year-old half-active hobbyist in need of inspiration and critique. I've been drawing for most of my life, but during the last couple of years I haven't had any inspiration whatsoever and therefore didn't draw anything if I didn't have to. Now the inspiration is creeping back and I'd seriously like to polish my skills. I don't really know how to describe my level of skill and knowledge at the moment, but so far my style of drawing people has basically been closer to the Japanese manga/anime stuff than the Western style. Perhaps it's that I'm too lazy to look at Loomis and just sketch around for practise. I'm certainly quite a bit worse than those guys who come here and say they need to get their behinds kicked because they're so bad. I'd like to get better at drawing in general, but I'm not aiming to become a professional at any point.

I've lurked 4chan's /ic/ board for some time now and some Anon referred to Crimson Daggers and described CD to be a similar place without the utter negativity of the Anons at /ic/. Then I came here.

My Deviantart page is here http://iampesukone.deviantart.com/ and it has some of the works I consider to be the better ones I've drawn.

I mostly draw with a pencil and coloured pencils, and I plan on getting a tablet sometime soon.

So. Here we go then. Don't be too easy on me, dA is terrible for critique (and my friends, even the ones who are better at art than me, won't criticize anything I do) and /ic/ is scary and full of trolls. Thanks in advance and nice days to everyone reading this :)

Print this item

Hello!
Posted by: Elde - 03-04-2012, 11:45 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Im an eh...rather "fresh" digital artist, been doing everything on paper until i suddenly realized there are something called wacomtablets...wish i knew that before.

Anyway, im from Norway, i enjoy the hell out of myself when im trapped painting, so im hoping to get better. Never really colored either, but i noticed on FB that someone was doing these Crimson Daggers challenges and i thought they looked like a great way to improve, so here i am.

My goals would be do finish school as as Dental Technician, then go to school for 3D and Animation, so im done in like 50000 years....but hey, im only 28.

Thats it, im no good at introducing myself really, but ehm hope to see some of u in livestreams, wich i didnt even know was possible until i came across Rapoza's streams wich blew me away...now im addicted,thanks!:P

Alright have a good one!

Print this item

Greetings, Daggers
Posted by: jkayrouz - 03-04-2012, 07:24 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hello there!

[Image: fatguy_farie2.jpg]

Just watched the live stream with the Royal Fellas and Dan Warren. Very inspirational comments from those guys encouraging the anonymous public to join up. Well, here I am.

Very new to digital painting. Have not attempted it in a few years, so I'm looking to get back on that wagon. I've dabbled mostly with pencil, ink, and watercolors. I'll continue to work in those mediums and hope there are some other watercolor fans out there.

Really looking forward to immersing myself with a group of like-minded individuals who want to create some mind-blowing concept art. Have not put the time in to focus specifically on that area of art. This seems like the place to be!

My website right now: www.jkayrouz.com

Best

John

Print this item

How goes it...
Posted by: willblack - 03-02-2012, 05:04 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hi,

I found out about this site after watching Dave's videos on Youtube. I work off and on as an artist. Tattoos, tattoo flash, the occasional acrylic painting, etc. I've been doing digital art for about two years now. I've even found freelance work in spite of my lack of expertise. I thought I was awesome until I started watching videos and seeing artwork from Dave, the Bloodsports competitions, and the member submitted artwork on here. And now I realize that I am mediocre at best. And that will not stand.

I'm a lurker, so I won't post much, but I will most likely trudge through every comment, image, and video on here as I teach myself all the fundamental things I took for granted. So, yeah... uh, you guys need to keep being awesome so I can study, adopt, and exploit your techniques.

-Will

Print this item

Hey, NEW IN TOWN ;)
Posted by: Butterknife - 03-01-2012, 01:55 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hey y'all, I'm a newb 'round these hurr parts. I'm a complete beginner at art. I'm living in Canada, taking a 1 year drawing foundation course at Sheridan College. I'm hoping this website will provide some cool ways to improve.

I don't completely understand how I'll go about this, or how to use this website to it's fullest, but it all seems really amazing so far.

Anyway, I love everyone and objects.

Print this item

Bug Yo everybody!
Posted by: Andromonoid - 03-01-2012, 11:05 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Hi everyone!

I known about this forum and the group Crimson Daggers for a while, but it took up till now to get the courage to join up - and I'm glad I did. :)

Well, about me, I am a 24 year old biology student (I know, far from art hehe) who realised some years ago that art is what I want to do more then anything else. Since I need to improve myself and push it to the limits and beyond, this place seems perfect for that.

Looking forward interacting more with this community!

Print this item

Illustrator in VT
Posted by: Sanctum1972 - 02-28-2012, 06:27 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hey all,

I'm a deaf/hard of hearing illustrator from the middle of nowhere in Vermont but I'm not originally from there though (long story). And someone from another forum pointed this site out to me to check it out and learn from the livestream critiques, in order to find new ways to improve myself as an illustrator (or designer if you will).

But, I do have a question though. If I were to partake in the live feeds, how am I to understand what's being said unless the dialogue is all in the chat boxes?

Thanks,

-A

Print this item

hoy !
Posted by: Kolsga - 02-28-2012, 03:27 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hey Daggers !

My name is Kasia Swiderska but Kolsga is just perfectly fine. I'm from Poland.
I do draw for quite a time now but I’ve started to do it really seriously something like six months ago. I’m self-teaching and trying to dig my way through digital painting by hard work and crunching almost every day. Obviously, I still have a lot to learn. I’m very glad to join the group and be among you daggers in this growing process !

So enough talking and get back to work...
8dcf9699

Here are some of my work you can see if you want to

da account : http://kolsga.deviantart.com/
blog: http://kolsga.blogspot.com/

See you :)

PS: ow and please forgive me for possible english mistakes

Print this item