Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 2,124
» Latest member: Shadow
» Forum threads: 7,308
» Forum posts: 124,079

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 3742 online users.
» 16 Member(s) | 3711 Guest(s)
AhrefsBot, Apple, Applebot, Baidu, Bing, CommonCrawl, Facebook, Google, Mojeek, Moz, Pinterest, Semrush, Seznam, Twitter, Yandex, CBinnsIllustration, cgmythology, DK, Dominicque, euthyphro, JosephCow, Lege1, Lunatique, one_two, Pubic Enemy, Strelok_2012, VitorCardoso, Zizka

Latest Threads
Leg Muscles Study
Forum: SEEKING CRITIQUE/PAINTOVERS
Last Post: darktiste
2 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 44
Darktiste Sketchbook
Forum: SKETCHBOOKS
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1,144
» Views: 544,176
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FANTASY ILL...
Forum: SEEKING A GROUP
Last Post: Shadow
Today, 12:13 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3,170
Crimson Guardians
Forum: PARTNER/GROUP DAILIES
Today, 12:11 AM
» Replies: 34
» Views: 35,512
Hello, I guess...
Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Today, 12:03 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 77
Pen Pineapple Apple Sketc...
Last Post: maruv
Yesterday, 05:27 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 560
Sketchbook: Version 1.5
Last Post: Damien Levs
Yesterday, 07:19 AM
» Replies: 104
» Views: 10,094
Environment Challenge #4 ...
Forum: COMMUNITY CHALLENGES
Yesterday, 01:48 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 114
Introduction
Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
04-18-2024, 03:00 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 54
Shin's Sketchbook
04-16-2024, 12:57 AM
» Replies: 498
» Views: 381,563

Greetings
Posted by: Tori - 02-19-2012, 02:16 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hello there!

I'm Tori, (real name is Korinna) and I come from Greece!
I am a first-year student studying illustration in London.
I joined this site hoping to further develop my drawing skills and build up confidence in using digital software. My aim at the moment is to become skilled enough to find a decent job, (not very ambitious, I know) but being an aspiring artist from Greece doesn't leave you with much choice in this economy...
Putting politics aside, I'd love to work as a concept artist and/or comic artist in the future!

Here is some of my mediocre work: http://korinna-mei.tumblr.com/

Print this item

Hey
Posted by: Liberty - 02-19-2012, 01:59 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hello,
big thanks to Dan and Dave and everyone else who is making the community.

I`m 23 ; I suck at drawing for about 14 months now and I plan on sucking many years to come.

Take care.

Print this item

Hey guys, glad to be here.
Posted by: Ixallus - 02-16-2012, 08:00 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Sup fellas, so here's a quick rundown.

I found the Daggers through a link somewhere on Conceptart.org, i've been a member there for a little under a year now. I knew about Dave Rapoza before hand though. I'm a college student right now, going through graphics and interactive design. I have some experience as an amateur writer, though not a whole lot. There is a tiny bit of art knowledge in me, i started doodling a little bit in my last two years of Highschool. That was mainly just Anime Fanart and tracing though, nothing really worth mentioning.

Just over a year ago, i didn't really think of art as something i'd ever try to pursue professionally. Especially with all the people younger than me, who are already leaps and bounds ahead. That changed right around the time i found Conceptart.org. That subsequently led to opening the Pandora's Box of crazy artists. Marko Djurovski, Bruno Gore and Zhang Lu to name a few. Instead of intimidating me away from ever thinking about getting serious with art, it really inspired me to pick up a pencil. Having basically no real grasp on art, i basically started from square one.

I've been snorting studies like crack since then. I Carry around a doodle pad with me outside, try to draw people and things where ever i can. I have Loomis, Bridgman, Hogarth and Michael Hampton on my book belt right now. I've been trying to avoid fan art for the most part. When i'm not doing a study i try to draw things from imagination, normally something relevant to something i recently studied.

I look forward to participating in Dagger activities, hopefully i can suck less.

Print this item

Suuup :D
Posted by: Jamesybear - 02-15-2012, 12:56 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hey! I'm James McDonald and I work as an illustrator/concept artist for a mobile games studio. I've been following the Crimson Daggers for awhile now, so hopefully I can be more active in the community :D (I've been a total lurker. . .)

Print this item

Daggerborn!
Posted by: lewislong - 02-14-2012, 09:12 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hello, daggerborn!
My name is Matthew Lewis (my mother's maiden name is Long), I live in Hong Kong (I'm British) and teach drawing and painting right now. I studied Illustration BA and Visual Communication FdA. They where strictly theoretical courses and we could use pretty much any medium we chose to communicate our ideas. I want to improve in all areas related to Entertainment Design and Illustration but mainly focus on Characters, Creatures and Environments (with vehicle, architecture and industrial design in there too).

I'm seriously here to learn and improve. I've a long ways to go but I cannot imagine not drawing for a living and I need to get to a level I'm happy with before I try to get work. I look forward to being a part of this community and seeing everyone grow, improve and hopefully break into whatever field we aspire to work in.

Print this item

Hey there!
Posted by: ArchXAngel - 02-14-2012, 04:42 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Well I'm a pretty big fan of Dave and found this lil awesome
Forum so I decided to join! Been browsin around and It looks coolios.

Hopin to get better at art from watching him draw and learning some of his stuff!

Also heres my Deviantart!

http://archxangel20.deviantart.com/

Print this item

new
Posted by: Hernan Flores - 02-14-2012, 02:44 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

hi im hungry:)

Print this item

Salutations!
Posted by: Fingus - 02-13-2012, 03:39 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Sup. My name is Sindre Opsahl Skaare. I'm a Norwegian 3D artist currently studying at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, going through my last year before I'm thrown into the terrifying pandemonium that is the games industry.

While I can draw and kinda paint I'm mainly a 3D modeler and texture artist. I get the vibe that this is mostly a 2D art community, but I feel that there is so much overlap that I will have plenty to learn here anyway. I'm pretty confident about my technical skills within 3D and my main shortcomings are design and aesthetics so hopefully that will work out anyway. :)

I found this place through Rapoza's livestream, and I found his livestream through the interview with Kemp Remilliard, which I found through Facebook. Ah the magic of social networks. :heart:

And while I'm very uncomfortable with bragging and whatnot I guess I should put this out here. I recently did an internship at Massive Black for a little over half a year. I worked as a 3D artist on the MothHead demo they did with Unity. That was one intense and inspiring run and I learned a ton (it was my first time doing current gen 3D art) as well as finally managing to kindle that motivation and work ethic that borders on obsession and will likely earn me an early heart attack. A small price to pay for good art I'd say.

I'm currently taking an organic modeling class where we're supposed to do one 3D model a day. So expect to see plenty of anatomy studies and random zBrush sculpts crop up around here.

Here is my blog: http://fingus-stuff.blogspot.com/
And here is my grossly outdated carbonmade portfolio: http://fingus.carbonmade.com/

Print this item

Smile Hi
Posted by: Nimao - 02-13-2012, 05:45 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (2)

hi,

My Name is Nikolai Ostertag. I am 21 years old. I live in Germany. I work at a little Indie game company. I need to improve myself for me and the company fast. I never studied art at school or something. I hope i can get some advice here how to improve myself.

oh, and my english realy sucks -.- im really not speak genie ..

Print this item

New Guy
Posted by: steviegjon - 02-13-2012, 02:51 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hey everyone,
My name is Jon Saunders, I'm a director and designer at an animation studio in New York. I've had an itch for the past year to buckle down and work on my foundations more, especially anatomy, color and composition, and I've been doing a little but not nearly enough. I want to create more personal illustrations and just simply get better at painting. I was reading imaginefx and came across the Dave's response to the question of goals for 2012, which has been incredibly inspiring. So here I am, ready to set aside time everyday to work on these goals.

professional work
personal work

jon

Print this item