Hobitt-hole
Awesome job with the Bargue studies. Seeing your perspective drawings makes me want to get back to studying How to Draw. I noticed some of your ellipses and arches are a little messy but I suppose it would be a pain to make them all perfect using proper perspective methods. Keep us updated on what you're doing!

(06-06-2014, 11:35 PM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Awesome job with the Bargue studies. Seeing your perspective drawings makes me want to get back to studying How to Draw. I noticed some of your ellipses and arches are a little messy but I suppose it would be a pain to make them all perfect using proper perspective methods. Keep us updated on what you're doing!
Thanks! Yeah how to draw is a must do.Most of the stuff are quick sketches so ellipses are quite loose (ellipse guides quite expensive lol). Will update when the time is right (and there will be something intresting to show.

Here are the contents of my sketchbook for the past few weeks, will do more architecture stuff and then move on. There may be some mistakes here and there but these are not intended as very tight drawings. Critique is always welcome regardless. Might upload other stuff i did later.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lookin good ;o
(07-02-2014, 08:05 PM)Ahnei Wrote: Lookin good ;o

Thanks!

Do you rely mainly on reference for these? It looks like you're combining different styles of architecture into one design? I want to study architectural design eventually but it always seems so daunting. Great job!

(07-03-2014, 01:52 PM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Do you rely mainly on reference for these? It looks like you're combining different styles of architecture into one design? I want to study architectural design eventually but it always seems so daunting. Great job!

My first step is to do very quick rough sketches of architectural styles and what defines them, and then sketch these from imagination to learn them.A book i would highly recommend is "How to read buildings a crash course in architecture" it breaks down everything by small elements like doors, materials etc. And have some photos of actual building nearby to see actual examples cause the book has only drawings which are good but not enough. And have fun of course.

This weeks sketchbook dump: east asian architecture edition. Will move from architecture soon i think i might i do some 20th century stuff. I might upload my digital painting stuff later.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good job mate!! Keep it up! Nice lines!

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Love the asian stuff. You should try out drawing some buildings with structural damage and half collapsed sections.

shexyyy
(07-16-2014, 08:13 PM)LaleAnn Wrote: Good job mate!! Keep it up! Nice lines!
Thanks! trying to improve my approach.
(07-17-2014, 12:53 AM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Love the asian stuff. You should try out drawing some buildings with structural damage and half collapsed sections.
Good idea. Will def have to try it
(07-17-2014, 01:26 PM)Ahnei Wrote: shexyyy
Indeed.

Quick update ill do architecture from imagination due to modernist and 21 century architecture is quite boring (For exception of art nouveau and art deco love that stuff!)

Ok will try to keep this weekly update thing going. Here is some architecture from imagination.Will move on to researching airships ,but i will try to do some sketches for architecture cause i want to practice it a bit more.Still feel that my painting studies are not worth uploading want to reach a certain quality level with them.As always feedback is appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)

Airships!

Attached Files Image(s)

More airships!

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh mannnn! really cool stuff! Keep it coming!! :D So excited to see your next post.
I think this place needs more airships!

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool stuff you're working on man, tons of focus and original designs. You got a good shape languaje and that's really important. Diggin the architecture studies too. Maybe need some more studies on perspective itself to make them more solid, but overall is really cool.

If you keep pushing yourself like this you'll get really good design-wise, so keep at it man!

SB
(08-13-2014, 08:31 PM)Suira Wrote: Cool stuff you're working on man, tons of focus and original designs. You got a good shape languaje and that's really important. Diggin the architecture studies too. Maybe need some more studies on perspective itself to make them more solid, but overall is really cool.

If you keep pushing yourself like this you'll get really good design-wise, so keep at it man!
Thanks! i do these everyday and plan to do them so yeah will work on it!

Nice job on the airship-studies! Must give a huge boost the perspective-circuits :)