Hobitt-hole
Quick update:Some digital stuff, started studying heads etc. but so far nothing intresting to show.Will continue

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey hobitt! I took a look at your sketchbook and I like the focus you've been putting on anatomy. One thing I can point out is the hips of your male figures are a bit too wide. It throws me off a bit because it feels like I'm looking a dude with a female lower body. Keep practicing!

Thanks for the suggestion! and yes indeed by winter i plan to improve most of my fundamentals and will do personal work of course.
Quick update learning to draw heads,so far so good and will do Asaro head studies about a 10 for now and then will decide if i will continue probably i will.

Attached Files Image(s)

These construction exercises are a great way to go. Don't worry so much about values at the moment. Focus solely on accurate construction and perspective. After a while you can start to juggle more and more.

Big update!

Attached Files Image(s)

liking the last digital one u got the planes good!
Quick update: Yes im alive, more updates incoming!

Attached Files Image(s)

Master study of Repin

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey,this is really good start, keep up with good work.
If you want to study more skulls and faces you should follow Suzannes classes http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-2727.html

CD dA FM  MaL
(06-09-2013, 10:27 PM)Toxicpanda Wrote: Hey,this is really good start, keep up with good work.
If you want to study more skulls and faces you should follow Suzannes classes http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-2727.html

Yeah had a look at that i loosely follow the stuff they do there.
Update! Will be doing 2 portraits a week cause heads require more time also to my daily gesture hour ill add some sketching of hands and will be moving on to drapery!

Attached Files Image(s)

Fantastic work on these heads man im crazy impressed, keep up the good work.

F......
Just spoke to you in the shout box...but I thought I would put the same thing here. Give you something to look back on :)

You're really hammering those portrait studies. Don't neglect your master studies (I should do more of those) Your planar studies are looking good. Good to see you attacked all angles! It's also good to see you having fun with your own ideas too. Never let that slide. Art is not all study, it should also be fun. Unless you have fun with studies then it's all win!

Keep it going! Awesomeness will be your reward!

Doing great on the studies; just continue to keep your constructions and perspective in mind while doing these. Otherwise, you're doing quite well!

Master study of Leyendecker and stuff

Cool stuff, man. One thing that I'm noticing is a lack of saturation in your midtones where there normally would be. This is most likely due to using a brush with opacity as well as using the color picker, which has a nasty habit of grabbing desaturated colors. One thing I've started doing is to paint without any transfer at all, to lay in all of my colors and values in big chunks at first, then as I refine I turn on the brush sensitivity to lay down midtones. If anything, it's a good exercise, especially if you do numerous small thumbnail studies.

Update! studies, paintings, digital stuff, movie stills!

Attached Files Image(s)

Some traditional stuff and a digital painting will try to include some visual library studies.Didint scan a lot of pencil studies cause didint feel they are worth it.Crits are welcome as always.

Attached Files Image(s)

Heres a master study of fragment of Gerome's Pollice verso

Attached Files Image(s)