Angies sketchbook of stuff and things
Progress of a caricature painting of Anna Gunn (Skylar in Breaking Bad) for the last Sketchivist.com contest...and I won! even though it was the least participated contest so far I'm still chuffed :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice job on these caricatures Angel, especially like the daenerys caricature a page back. You caught just the right amount of distortion and accentuated features without making her unrecognizable.
Awesome on getting the freelance work! I remember two years ago when i found this forum i was bedazzled by your black and white painting of the Lost in translation scene; Still GAGA over your work! AWESOME!!!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Good to see you posting again, missed your fun caricatures.

Thanks so much Dennis! :D I'm not entirely happy with the Daenerys pic but I'm glad she's recognisable! I think I'm going to keep the distortion and just repaint the sketch. Cheers

Thanks Fedodika!!! :D :D

Thanks Cracked! Nice to see you too! I will try and post more, I forgot my password for a long time :)

Ever closer....

Attached Files Image(s)

Finished line-art for my first freelance assignment with this company...

Attached Files Image(s)

A little doodle....

Attached Files Image(s)

Uuuuuuuuuuuummmm...
So... Uuuuh. I'm in absolute shock for not having visited your sketchbook before, Angel! What the hell is wrong with me!! I've missed out on _so_ much good stuff! Well I only have myself to blame and this is my punishment!

I couldn't help but go through your sketchbook from page one man. I love what you wrote on page 1 - "the heart wants what the heart wants" - and to be honest, you can really tell when an artist is enjoying what they're doing because their work shines... That's how I see your caricature work. Its awe-inspiring to witness an artist that knows what they like and aims focuses on _that_

The Miley Cyrus, Mel Gibson, Cara Delevigne, Kristen Stuart, Kill Bill and Dan Radcliffe pieces are my faves ! I'd by prints of these in a heartbeat at a con.

There's something different about the way you draw your caricatures, please, never stop!

Thanks for sharing x:
*runs away drooling*

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Hi Angie

I'm pleased to see your updates. You keep pn posting good stuff. Caricatures are always fresh and nice to see.
Congrats on winning this contest :D That site has quite high level !

keep up :D
Hi smrr! Welcome and wow! Thank you, I'm really touched and pleased you like my work and can see that in it :D I'd totally forgotten what I'd written on page 1, thanks for reminding me, I might put it on my wall as a reminder when I feel a bit bogged down. :D You've got quite an impressive sketchbook too, I'll enjoy having a browse with a brew over the next few day and i notice you're doing a Crimson Chow challenge, excellent, I might have a go in between projects. Thanks again. :D

Zou! Hello, thanks for dropping by and for the comments as always :D I'm hoping to hang around here more often.

----

Update. 

Finished the colour on the commission

Derren brown pencil sketch and a Photoshop caricature of french actress Audrey Fleurot...

Attached Files Image(s)

I havnt looked at your thread in a little while I guess. That ink of the dog is really impressive. Glad to see you still around.

Thanks Adam :D and thanks so much for stopping by :D

---------

Some sketches...I was in a comedy song mood...Garfunkel and Oates and Reformed Whores. 

...and a Christina Ricci for this weeks facebook contest...

Attached Files Image(s)

Your caricatures are a blast, man. Keep up the great work!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Thanks Bookend! Will do :D

Progress on Christina...

Attached Files Image(s)

finished....this one didn't hit the spot either, I think I need to take a break from painting caricatures and do some studies and exercises for a while.

Attached Files Image(s)

Fresh and Active as always :D

good job and let us know if you won other contest :)
Cheers zou :D will do!

--------------

updaaaate!

A digital sketch paintover for an oil painting of a sleeping fairy I did years ago, it's quite big and I was mainly using it for practice, but I'm going to finish it by putting a sleeping wolf round her so I can give to my friend who wanted it back before I finished it.

..and a digital caricature of Emilia Clark for this weeks Caricaturama 3000 painted in 2-3 hours, trying to keep it fresh...

Attached Files Image(s)

A caricature sketch of Sheldon for this weeks Caricaturama...and a doll I knitted of my friend as practice for some eventual knitted caricatures...

Attached Files Image(s)

WIP of Sheidon, a young Patti Smith sketch, a sketch of Pau Gasol for Caricaturama 3000 aaaaand...

...a finally finished Comicbookgirl19 caricature... [EDIT: totally haven't, am working on it though, just wasn't happy with it yet]

Attached Files Image(s)