Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook
*-* duuuuude! holy crap, such improvement! I hadn't been here in a while and the difference its huuge! :O
I know as we go along this path is kinda hard to notice the real changes and improvement to our technique, (even tho everyone that visits your sketchbook is almost rubbing it on your face aha), but yeah, let me tell you that you're kicking ass!
I'm so f*ckin inspired to work now! aaand when people feel like that after lookin at our work, it must mean we're doin something right, right? ;)
Keep rocking Nate!

Thank you very much for your reply Nathan!
Those imperfections you put are indeed very good, it´s what Shaddy Safadi calls the "juice" haha.
I´m trying to apply those imperfections because my work sometimes feels quite photoshopy.

I´m a bit green to the industry but it seems that breaking through is quite hard, and freelancing for the first years (even finding a studio) at least is quite difficult. The issue is that at least in my country studios are quite rare and those that exist, are quite small and often don´t hire.

Don´t think it´s stupid at all, you do well to take your time, work your art, practice and take your time. The results are showed.

Cheers man!! Thanks a lot!

Don't vanish! D:

Busy? Work? Relaxing? Kidnapped? U ok?

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Naaate come back and update for us! Don't leave us without your awesomeness!

I ned pnate in mi lief

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
*holds ruby-showered Cinquedea to the lighting filled sky*
A twisting wind coils around my blade

*whispers unto the wind*

"~~~ bring back Pnate..."

*thy wind blasts a spectacular, radiant energy in every direction as the search and retrieval of the Crimson Dagger known as pnate begins!*

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Hey guys!  Apologies for disappearing, I've been taking on lots of freelance these days and been really busy.  I really haven't had time in a while to participate in the challenges or hang out here, so that's my bad.  By the way, I stopped doing the revolver since the last few challenges didn't have any participants.  Is there anyone who still wants to do it, and is there anyone who would want to step in in helping run it?  Although, thanks to everyone who did participate up to this point.  At least some of us got some neat portfolio pieces from the experience :)

A shot of me in my workspace:
[Image: Sc3Fg0K.jpg]

Lyraina - To answer your question from way back when, it is easier to get precision when I do line drawings first, since I will figure out all the design stuff at that stage and then from that point, it's just a render fest.  Going straight to paint is a lot more fun IMO but it's harder to work out a design for me.  Like if I'm doing client work I pretty much always do line drawings first, especially since they want to see the first sketch usually.

Thanks a lot Cyprinus!

Meat- You are uber improving too <3  But thanks mannnn

Jaik - Same to you!  Been really a fan of your latest updates, keep it up!  I don't really have the time you speak of hehe as my post here illustrates :( 

Thanks Jeremy!!  

Hey Renato!  That really is true, I can't see much difference at all and every piece I end up hating haha I guess that's the case with everyone, like you said.  Appreciate you stopping by and hope your stuff is going well too.

Rick - No problem at all man.  And I hope you find a studio soon.  It is troublesome and I feel for those in different countries where maybe game studios aren't really around.  Have you ever thought about moving?  That's what Rafa is doing, working until Blizzard picks him up and then moving over here.

[Image: 8dnawQk.jpg]

My first banner!  A good reminder of why I'm not a graphic designer.  But the client liked it, so it's all good.

[Image: AKYfrPd.jpg]

Been working for Ulisses Spiele, a German pen and paper company, since last month and they've been really awesome to work with.  Some characters from last month they told me I could post:

[Image: tlCgO4I.jpg]

;____________;

Finally c': !

sketchbook | pg 52

Awesoooooome

a pen and paper company wants all these rpg designs? interesting... i love the dwarf woman and the crossbowman, they have alot of character to them :); thanks for stoppin by and inspirin us :)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
They don't want their muscular bearded dwarf women? They don't know what they're missing out.... pfft!

I miss hanging out in your stream, bud! But very glad to hear you've been uber busy with freelance work. At least some of us are getting ahead to places and making a living! The best inspiration an artist can give to other artists!

Focus.
Ah man it's great to see your stuff again! I'm loooving the character art, the designs are really great. Did you make them up or where the concepts given to you? Either way they look awesome, hope the work keeps coming in for you and I wish you luck!

Hey there Nate! Good to see you're still around. Congrats on getting that freelance work, I'm glad to hear you're getting your name out there. Lovely work on those designs, I must say. Like Meat said, I'm missing hanging out with you and the others on your streams. Oh well, best of luck for you for the future, Nate!

Ooooooh you’re alive! And updating! I’m very happy to hear you’re busy with client work and not dead in a gutter or something :)
Thank you for replying to my lines vs painting question. New stuff is looking neat - as always… you’re working for Ulisses Spiele? That’s really cool!!!

The banner is looking neat! Maybe could use some slightly less hard (digital) edges in some places to make it look less „cut out“ - unless that’s intentional of course… a hard line to walk between making it look nice and clean, and going too digital, in any digital work. D:

Keep rocking man :)

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
yay nate lives!
nothing to add to the convo. just wanna say keep it up!
p.s. i know how it is to fall off the face of the world from time to time.

Good to see your work man, cant wait for more.

Yay for showing client work! Looks really good man. Theres probably some kerning that you might be able to improve on the banner, but graphics design is super pain in the ass, so maybe its perfect? I dont know.
I love your characters though! <3 Looking forward to the next update and thanks for dropping by my sketchbook!

Boy, those new paintings of yours are just killer. Moar :O

smrr - I am still alive in the shadows.  Props to you starting up the CHOW again!  wooo hope lots of gains are made for all people takin part

Gliger - Thanks man!

Fedodika - Yup, hopin to get some free pens and paper out of the deal :0

meat - It's more like surviving for me at this point, but I'm trying! I think we could fund a kickstarter for our bearded female dwarf concept.  The adventures of Gimra?

ZombieChinchilla- Thanks!  The descriptions, ideas and references were all given by the client, so it was mainly just execution, but I had more freedom for some of them over others.

Stardust - Missing those times too :(  I do want to try streaming more again, but I don't want to make any empty plans/promises.  

Lyra - Thanks and great to see you just as active as ever!  

Marjorie- Thanks Marj, it is tough to keep up that online presence when you've got some busy times.  Hope you're hangin in there as well.

crackedskull- Thanks dude!  

Jaik- Appreciate the suggestion!  I really am clueless with text/graphic design type things so I basically drew/painted all those letters by hand.  Is there an easier way to do that?  Hopefully I won't have to work with typeface again as it's not my most favorite thing in the world haha

ramalooke - Heyy man, thanks for stopping by!  Love your latest updates, stuff is lookin so strong :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvowye9aa2ki7n...t.abr?dl=0

So I ended up getting frustrated with how disorganized my brushes were and spent a couple hours organizing them.  I'm sharing them here if anyone is interested and has minor OCD like I do.  It's a combination of pretty much all the brush packs already out there so I can't take credit for any of them (Jaime Jones, Peleng, Shaddy, Zedig, RuanJia, Oxan, Daarken, etc. -  although I only took a few brushes from some of them)  Btw, it's meant to be viewed as a "Large List" with the slimmest width possible, like this:
[Image: mSx3Vos.jpg]
Hope it's useful to someone!

Been taking the Nathan Fowke's color and light class on schoolism, so there are a few of the assignments here and some random faces for fun.  Learning some neat stuff and it's fun hearing about his experiences working with Dreamworks, it gives a little perspective.  Can't show my latest work stuff I think, so will post that later!  Feels good to finally breathe a little after those huge chunks of commissions.  

[Image: AKbqh6d.jpg]
[Image: HJtLZ7D.jpg]
[Image: j5Pp95r.jpg]
[Image: tbOof9V.jpg]
[Image: L7D8Bmq.jpg]

Nate lives-! 
Aaaaah! I wanna see what you had your head buried down in for so long innnn maaaaannnn
*waits patiently*

These assignments look fantastic! Really tasty stuff, can't wait to see what you pump out as the course continues. 

Hey yeah, happy people wanna get into CHOWs again, but we wouldn't even have them in CD if weren't for you!

sketchbook | pg 52