CRIMSON CHOW #1 - The Crimson Daggers WIP
Here's the beginning of mine. Advice super welcome! :D

[Image: tumblr_nan0njjI2y1rom6duo1_1280.jpg]

Update on my painting, regretting many things of the setup...oh well, I guess I'll try to finish this and if I don't like it I can always try something else :P

[Image: ChowPainting1-1.jpg]

SB

Awesome stuff everyone!
Scribbled some initial ideas which I wasn't really feeling. So went ahead a looked for different kinds of bandits and went ahead with a highwayman type of guy. Going to give him some weird artifacts, because I don't know.

Some really cool looking wips so far, looking forward to how awesome the finals thread is going to look.

WIP #2

[Image: in4JsBgVzfs3h.jpg]

oh wow, people are doing some great drawllings here o.o cant wait to see the finals :3

Here's a few sketches I did to try to take on the challenge aswel!

[Image: HVaWpnd.jpg]

Everyone's doing cool stuff, I thought everyone was just gonna do Assassins Creed :P

[Image: thumbs_zps74128359.jpg]
[Image: color2_zpse37d13d0.png]

Still wanna work on the shoes before I call it finished, hopefully I find the time this weekend :D

Prepare for the most generic submission so far in this thread! I was having a lot of fun doing those though.

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Awesome turnout so far :) So here's what I've been messing with, very much inspired by some of Dave Rapoza's old thrash metal stuff. Thought it was a cool idea. I'll probably mess with the face next and come up with a something I think looks cool :p

[Image: 12973875a773c8a58801481762e0cf9d.png]

[Image: 2b968cfc43c2a9fb5b28707ffca56272.png]

[Image: 54b28cf2477f8790a2750ea32e5e0bb7.png]

[Image: 83678132dc36fdaca95c1f3b995b52ff.png]

WIP #3

[Image: iBYvhgiIH1nJE.jpg]

Not exactly sure where I am going with this. Gave myself the permission to just play around with stuff and techiques, like using photos. Not sure how I feel about that though. I'll see if I keep it or paint everything instead.

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
@ImSkeptikal: Dw man, heres my incredibly assassins creed-style piece. Someones gotta do it.. Right >.>

Not gonna miss out on this biznitch even if I dont have time. Hoping to be able to finish this little guy. Not quite sure where I am taking it, but I am trying to portray black shiny opaque glass skin. Dont know how well I will manage it but thats the goal

Oh and a whole bunch of thumbnails that mean squat all to anyone cept me D:

Attached Files Image(s)

Another update, thanks to Bjulvar for his good advice on the comp, helped a ton. Still gotta work on readability, but hey, at least it's a step forward. Keep them coming guys I'm loving your updates! :)

[Image: ChowPainting2.jpg]

SB
Here what I have got now. I associate "Crimson daggers member" with Rapozas old drawings of trashy, punky dudes, who not quite humans.
So i did a line drawing of character block it with values and colored a little bit with color balance and soft light layer. Aaaaand I have no idea that to do next) probably just render on top of everything...

Attached Files Image(s)

Started to follow through with the idea, let's see how it goes.

[Image: 6W7N9e0.png]

Hey guys! This is an awesome challenge and a great way to practice your character design (I need alot of practice...). Glad to see all the awesome ideas so far.
I imagined this character to be part of some twisted religious cult which draw their power from making human sacrifices and who believe that taking a human life, their soul energizes the body, granting them unearthy powers.
Here are some sketches I made so far.

Making progress. Little worried about getting it done on time since classes start tomorrow, but I'm hopeful.

[Image: wip1_zpsdaa03e45.jpg]

hey guys, i was workin on this a couple hrs yesterday i think my arms startin to give out; i hope i havent fd it up for good... hopefully ill finish it this is the stiffest pose ive ever rendered btw lol lesson learned XD

Attached Files Image(s)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Woohooo such awesome WIPs from everyone :)

Settled on the idea of an elite Victorian society of assassins
[Image: 3hJBvT7.jpg]