Monkeybread's Dribblings
loving those enviro thumbs man! they look like finished pieces heh!
Hi Monkeybread, great sb. I love your environments and creatures. Keep working and posting! Cheers

Thanks for the comments guys! I love it when people drop by..makes me feel that I'm not just doing it in a vacuum :)

Quickie thumbs for CGMA week3. These are my own development thumbs, the goal is to flesh out one piece to as high a level of polish in grayscale that we can do by Wednesday (about 3 days away.

I think the comp for A may be stronger, but I seem to like painting B the most. If you want to help lemme know which you prefer , A, B, C and why!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
i think B is the most pleasant to the eyes, A is powerful too, but i personally prefer the clear composition of B. And the surface of the planet on the bacground is a nice touch.

(05-12-2013, 08:13 AM)EduardoGaray Wrote: i think B is the most pleasant to the eyes, A is powerful too, but i personally prefer the clear composition of B. And the surface of the planet on the bacground is a nice touch.

Thanks Eduardo! I'm glad you picked B...that's the one that has been the most fun painting too. :D

sketchy skitch

scritchity scratch

CGMA Week 3. Still needs work, hopefully I will finish it and maybe even colour?

skitch of the day

Spaceman Bob goes walkies.
CGMA week 4, one of five paintings this week...not sure If I'll get to five.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dude, that course is helping, I so love this one

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
is beautiful like a lost dream
Thanks peeps. I feel a level up coming on I think (I hope!). It's been a while since the last one.

CGMA week 4, sketch 2 of 5 and a couple of skatchins of the day from last two days

1hr skatch to take it easy tonight...so tired!

final submission for week 4 CGMA. Kinda dissapointed with the package. Also a 2h enviro sketch for fun this morning. The course really is helping my workflow a lot.

Hey!
I'm participating in CGMA as well but I have the most basic enviro program. Do You enjoy Your CGMA workshops? :)
I like how Yours enviros look. I think You made look it really good. You got the atmosphere, planes, composition. I like You used light on the light in the picture 2. I like number 3 very much. But maybe You should adjust the colors of the rock in the first plane, maybe a little darker will suit better?:)
And I love the last one. The composition, lights and picture planes feel right.
Very good job overall! 088

Mannequin's Blog :)

Mannequin's CD sketchbook

Deviantart - Add me to Friend list :)

Heya Mannequinn. Thanks for your comments! I am enjoying and getting a lot out of the course for sure. Each week I think I improve and James is a good instructor and guides us well. I am pretty sure I can improve almost everything I do but that's the nature of the game. Hope you have been finding your class equally challenging...I would be keen to hear your thoughts on your experience. :) Thanks for stopping by!

man i love the atmosphere these environments are FANTASTIC, they look like they could be in a game
I agree, your environments are great. Amazing sense of scale and depth in each, not to mention color and controlled values. Glad I found this SB!

Thanks MrFrenik and Yolo! I really appreciate the comments :D And so here's another one for your eyeballs. Probably about 3 hours worth.

Saw you in the speedpaint thread. As alexson said, your colors are sexy. Looking forward to seeing more.