Raz's Sketchbook
Some warm-up and studies:

Trying to figure out some colors for this:

And some 60 sec gestures:

A 30 min painting , yup:

soo many studies! this is really inspiring! thanks for that and keep them coming ;)

Thank you Elaeis. I'll keep them coming :).

A 30 min -theme- heavy armor:

Trying to design the armor:

30 min-theme extreme racing :

I really love that armored girl piece! Armor design looks great so far, too, just make sure to add a strap to secure the plates on her upper arm (normally there's one attached to the last segment). Keep up the great work! :)

Thank you for the tip Elif. I added the straps :).

30 min -theme-human plant

Trying to put in some colors :

32 min -undead giant

Did some more work on this:

45 sec gestures:

30 min-halloween mansion

I really like the balance and sense of movement in the gestures, and that new illustration is coming up nicely, keep it up :D

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
That last page is REALLY hard to see , might want to lower the brightness on it on your scanner setting...also how big(/what is your scanner)is your scanner so that you can scan in both pages ?

My Sketchbook (do help me out)
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4216.html

And if your rather curious on some older stuff here's my deviantart

http://greatdictator.deviantart.com/
Thank you Egbu. Gonna keep pushing the illustration.
@ Greatdictator - My scanner is A4 size and the page I'm drawing on are A3 so I scan the page in 2 pieces.

30 min-carnival of the dead

45 sec

Happy self-portrait day! Gonna be doing one today and posting it here and in atrenr's thread.

30 min -the white moose:

Some more work on the piece, the rendering is taking a long time:

45 sec

30 min-Giant staircase

self portrait

45 sec gestures

30 min-dirty chef

Did some more work on this. Going slowly( more time than I expected)

30 min-viking marksman

Did some more rendering on this and created some masks for the detail on the armor.

45's

30 min weather demons

30 min living doll

30 sec gestures

30 min -dock crane

Some more work on the illustration, getting there:

30 sec gestures:

hmm dude, i think you worked so much on the last illustration ( lady with armor ) that you kinda lost it. Tbh, i don't feel like there is something coming from it. Let's sum up : there is a female warrior sitting on a cutted tree, with some armor on the ground, and nothing exept grass around her. Sorry, but it doesn't make sense to me. Is it at the end of a battle ? or is she escaping the battlefield ? we don't know much what's happening/what happened ! We only see that she's looking sad but we don't know why ! When you do a painting, everything must have a purpose ! Just the way you light your painting can tell so much, you can use sunrise for the beginning of a journey, or the end of a battle for example, etc ! You light seems a direct sunlight, but unfortunately, it doesn't appear like that, in sunlight, contrast is really strong, and you have warm light/cool shadow ! keep strongest contrast for the center of interest ( face, creature, etc ) ! Also, don't try to render everything, it gives a kindof messy look, especially for something like grass, with tons of texture ! most of the texture happen between light and shadow, and it's way more interesting and realist to suggest texture, especially in shadow ! check out great painting and look for that !