wld.89's journey
Hi guys, so here i am, 31 yo here, decided to get back at drawing after several years of no practice due to many bad life choices, i'm fed up with my shitty life right now and really wanna improve ! i don't know where i'm heading but all i want is to get better ! I'm starting small and will build from that over time ! I have a shitty full time job but will try to practice everyday !

Today i've done gesture drawing, life and selfportrait from observation, and a sketchbook page from imagination ! I've mostly done them to see where i am right now and what needs to improve, looking forward to practice a lot ! I'm gonna focus on foundations right now with perspective and anatomy, need to get really good at those things ! Don't be easy on me ! 

Hey man, welcome to this forum.
I'm gonna be 31 in february myself. It was this year that I decided to really go and chase that dream of being a pro artist. For similar reasons as you mentioned.
So two weeks ago I quit my non art related job, still have to work there till november due to contract. Than I will give everything to make that dream a reality.

Best of luck to you! I believe we can all make it, it is a hard work that leads to success. Talent has a little to do with it.

For some anatomy I recommend Andrew Loomis, Bridgeman and even Hogarth but be careful what you learn from him as he pushes the anatomy somewhat.
Also Feng Zhu on youtube, the man is great and his videos are amazing.

So yeah, keep working hard and hope to see you soon with an update!

Shuty : Man that's amazing ! Wish you the best man ! I'm quite stuck with my job since i don't feel good enough to leave it now but i'll try to improve as much as i can and i'l make it ^^

today's stuff, not much, just a few gestures, a box sitting at my desk, trying to catch proportions and angles, good basic practice, it's been years ^^ and sketchbook page from imagination ! So much to learn ...

today's stuff, gesture, selfportrait , and sketches from mind !

For that selfportrait the proportions are really off, my head looks so long, this drawing lacks of structure and solidity ! really need to pay attention on that !

Here's another boring update with today's stuff ! a plant in fineliner, and started to study anatomy from kevin chen ( legs, since it's the most difficult thing for me ) . My goal is to AT LEAST de 2 pages of anatomy study each day next to drawing from life and sketching from imagination . I really have to think more about my horizon line when drawing: set it up and stick to it the whole drawing ...

Leaf are not stiff they bend as the go away from the stem.You can find out more tips here https://drawabox.com/lesson/3/2

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
darktiste : thanks man for the link, checked it out and pretty good stuff, might as well do all the lessons !!

yesterday's stuff that i didn't have time to post ! I'm starting to see small improvments so really happy with that !

today's stuff , not much unfortunately ...
I really need to think more in structure and better visualize in 3D, if you have any tips/exercises, it'd be great ! For now i'll just force myself to visualize more, and really try to feel the volume, etc !

Attached Files Image(s)

today have been a really busy day . I've only been able to do my 2 pages of anatomy. It was really challenging to try to visualize the first pose from reference( top left corner of each page ) and then try to draw them from different angles !