Neopatogen Sketchbook
My first portrait ever! 
I've never liked drawing people and I was afraid of drawing them for a long time, but now after a bunch of studies I'm starting to get interested in it! I used Proko's tutorial for this piece.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Neo
Whoa, that's really awesome for a first time. You grasped form and light really good.
One thing you might wanna look out for is the stroke direction - keep it dependent on the surface angle. You can also use brush stroke direction and density as a nice way to introduce graphic contrast.
Keep at it, it's looking good!
Give us more figures, too!

[Image: rUfiMf1.png]
(01-24-2016, 11:23 PM)badbaddog Wrote: Hey Neo
Whoa, that's really awesome for a first time. You grasped form and light really good.
One thing you might wanna look out for is the stroke direction - keep it dependent on the  surface angle. You can also use brush stroke direction and density as a nice way to introduce graphic contrast.
Keep at it, it's looking good!
Give us more figures, too!

Hi @Badbadog! Thank you, I'll try to follow your advice on stroke direction! 
I'm sorry I haven't updated my sketchbook for a while, I'll post my latest studies just now...

First, assignments for Something about form classes. I actually made more of those studies, just don't want to to bore everyone too much.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some figure drawing photos for @Badbadog!
As well as recent skull studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

Kinda relaxed a bit today...:)
Posted some chipmunks here, okay?
My studies're boring to look at,
so let this guy be here instead

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, awesome sketchbook man! :) You are clearly working hard, I feel lazy now LOL. All this stuff looks good. I'm really tired right now so I can't think of much useful to say, but I'll be watching!

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!
(02-05-2016, 08:03 PM)Sagittarius-A-star Wrote: Hey, awesome sketchbook man! :) You are clearly working hard, I feel lazy now LOL. All this stuff looks good. I'm really tired right now so I can't think of much useful to say, but I'll be watching!

@Sagittarius-A-star thank you!
Had some problems with time management lately, balancing work, studies and other things to be done...
Pushed myself to finish color thumbnails for Environment course, week 3. Not happy with it, I'll try to make more color studies. Got to find a way to devote as much time to studies as possible every day! :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice studies, and great improvement,carry on.

Seeing the process on that last one, cave overlooking the island, is really cool. Keep at it!

Just over here trying to get better.
Impressive amount of work you put in!!
The last Form studies look already better than the initial eggs (bouncelight was too light back then)
I really enjoy watching through here, portrait looks also very nice!!
keep up the good work.

Photoshop CC2015 / MacBook Pro
Procreate / iPad Pro
My SB: nutriman's quest for awesomeness
Thank you @nutriman!
I haven't posted for a while due to problems with my computer and health issues. Learned Scott Robertson's book "How to draw", found it exciting and did some pen drawing studies . I'll try to learn perspective as well as possible!  I'll also try to write a plan for my studies and post here to continue studies efficiently. 
For now, here's  my cat's portrait that I painting with acrylics while I had no computer, some composition study of a picture that's famous in Russia and my sketches from imagination for Amit Dutta's Environment course (I'm going to polish 4 of those or perhaps come upwith some new ones). 
I tried to think about composition when painting the portrait and drawing sketches. Composition is tricky!

Attached Files Image(s)

I haven't posted here for a while, I've been studying Scott Robertson's  book "How to draw" and some Loomis.
I also finished my 4th assignment for Environment course! And some earlier stuff that I did  before starting this course, a cityscape which I painted using my own photo as a reference (I think I actually copied too much from the photo, but I was unable to draw environments from imagination at all back then).

Attached Files Image(s)

great stuff, keep practising :)

Ruo Li study for Materials and effects group

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, great study habit, very nice sketchbook. It's good you joined the materials group. Keep this up!

you asked about the 2 curve combo, did you get my message?

Wow these are some really good and detailed studys, i'm liking the toat cult stuff.
keep it up :)

Leonard yes I did, I will PM you! Thank you for your concern!Triggerpigking thank you, too! 
Here some kind of stretching tutorial for my Gym' Daggers thread and my studies for materials and Effects group!

Attached Files Image(s)

It's great you spend some time analizing things. I did a lot of that as well and I do believe it's sometimes even more effective than painting itself as sometimes, for many people, painting study becomes more of a mindless copy chore.