René Aigner's Sketchbook
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your kind words =)

[Image: stud_1013_40.jpg]

[Image: stud_1013_41.jpg]
Ref by Marcin Wuu: http://500px.com/marcinwuu

I'm loving your use of lost edges.
Honestly, I think you're doing awesome!
I noticed in your figure studies on the first page that you have these small dots on the forms, are these just so you can use them for landmarking or are you actually using them for some other purpose like perspective issues, etc.?

Just keep on keepin' on. Your stuff is looking awesome!

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY
There is usually more on my blog...

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!
Thanks a lot mat!

[Image: stud_1013_42.jpg]

[Image: stud_1013_42b.jpg]
Messed up the likeness on this one, but there you go....

[Image: stud_1013_43.jpg]

[Image: stud_1013_44.jpg]

[Image: stud_1013_44b.jpg]

[Image: stud_1013_45.jpg]

I did a little step by step of an ugly small-wheeled truck-thingy. The design sucks but it still might be interesting for some of you to see the steps:
[Image: stud_1013_46.jpg]

Oh man, that turned out awesome.
And the other funny thing is... you make it look so easy!

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!
Thanks mat- well, in it's essence, drawing that stuff is just drawing boxes on steroids :D

--

cars on the other hand- cars are serious stuff. Look wrong most of the time. Cars are the portraits of vehicle design, incredibly hard to get right, easy to get wrong.

back to basics then;
[Image: stud_1013_47.jpg]

really nice sketchbook ! keep immroving your drawing skills ! cheers !

thanks!

International Self-Portrait Day! Wanted to do something "classical". Like a 19th century formal portrait.

[Image: self1113.jpg]

I will try this Scott Robertson tutorials also :) I hear recommendations of his tutorials frequently.

Thank for the steps of the vehicles. It's incredibly hard for myself to draw vehicles and everyting mechanical.

Mannequin's Blog :)

Mannequin's CD sketchbook

Deviantart - Add me to Friend list :)

They key to vehicles/man made objects is perspective construction. You need to be able to nail symmetry and correct sections. Scott Robertson's upcoming book ("How to draw" ) will probably be the gold standard for this kind of drawing, so be sure to pre-order that! :)

---

cars are just HARD, damnit:

[Image: stud_1113_01.jpg]

Everything here is just so awesome, love visiting your sketchbook. The portrait looks awesome, really digging the composition.
Also thanks for the Digital painting toturial on youtube :D

Thanks! I'm planning to do new tutorials soon. the ones on YT are positively ancient..

Only a few marker sketches for today I'm afraid:

[Image: stud_1113_02.jpg]

haha, my SB on page 3, can't have that! :D ;)

Only a quick landscape for today, have lots of art-unrelated work to do at the moment:

[Image: stud_1113_03.jpg]

Got so much art-unrelated work to do at the moment, I'm finding it hard to concentrate... well, gotta push through it:

[Image: stud_1113_04.jpg]

And a quick portrait before I'm off to bed. Chose the ref because the face is mostly in shadow and thought that would be very cool to paint. I was sadly mistaken. It is a hell of a challenge to see hue and value variation of they are so close to each other. Didn't even attempt to achieve a likeness. Lesson learned!

[Image: stud_1113_05.jpg]
Ref from: http://faestock.deviantart.com/

You feel like that portrait didn't pull through? I think you're mistaken ;)

Just because it doesn't look exactly like the portrait doesn't mean that it wasn't a critical hit. The looseness of the paint actually makes it feel very alive. The problem areas seem less with the color and more with some sight anatomical errors. Like I feel that the face on our right is a little bit off and it even feels like her neck is slightly off.

Regardless, I call this one a success. It seems more suited to a great painterly practice piece rather than worrying specifically about accuracy.

On a side note, those vehicle marker pieces up above are AMAZING! I don't think I could pull that off hahahaha

POWER ON! :)

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!
Thanks mat! Portraits really are the biggest challenge. I find myself continually torn between constructive approaches and trying to work in a more painterly manner, thus the inconsistencies with the anatomy.

---

thumbnails, thumbnails, thumbnails:

[Image: stud_1113_06.jpg]

[Image: stud_1113_07.jpg]