Shin's Sketchbook
(08-10-2018, 04:24 AM)Narog Wrote: Hey Shin !
Well, not many people can make studies like legs, hands and basic shapes interesting, but you certainly can ! You've got some serious skills in the "interesting" department. Your improvement is pretty fenomenal from page 1 as I saw others have stated too ;).
Can you give me an idea what's the direction you want to go further ? illustrations in a certain style or some other specific subjects ? asking because maybe I'll be able to recommend some stuff/books/tuts/.

cheers !

Hi ! :D
Thanks for the comments, I do agree on the fact that studies can be boring, our brain goes into defence mode whenever we find something new, something that we never thought about before. So whenever I can, I always try to make it fun and interesting at least for me, if you find it the same way, then that's even better :)

Well, every day I always look up at something new but definitely some illustrations in manga style or something not so much stylized and fun is what I'm working on now.

(08-09-2018, 06:21 AM)darktiste Wrote: If you put sphere pyramid or box atleast try to use the light so there cast shadow on all of them.It seem stupid but thinking about cast shadow can help guide the eye to certain element in a illustration.It specially important for illustrator to understand how to altern pattern of light and shadow to create area of contrast for from to read.Just take the example of a box in the dark you don't know if it a box or not.It the alternace of light and shadow that create form but i don't think i need to tell you that.I just want to point out to think about how you can use those 2 pattern to indicate form.

Yes ! Cast shadows can tell so much. I always tend to forget them for some reason but I'll try to play with light and shadows more, I think I'm just too afraid of that now :)
---------------------------------

Some more works, the second one was for a friend of mine, the first one I just played with colors and exprimented a bit with them. :D

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
Been checking your light and i like the way you seem to be able to show the grain of object i wonder how you achieve that.If i would have to guess it either some brush or a filter overlay.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(09-12-2018, 09:54 PM)darktiste Wrote: Been checking your light and i like the way you seem to be able to show the grain of object i wonder how you achieve that.If i would have to guess it either some brush or a filter overlay.

What do you mean by "grain of object" ? :o

The texture of the object seem to be use to show the light fading away.

Just two observation there should be a core shadow on that cylinder in the first image.Also i think you want to keep praticing ellipse as you seem to have ''pointy ellipse'' the corner should round off more than that in my opinion.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Long time no post, been busy with school and inktober, oh boi the joy ! >.<

Heres a quick practice study tho ! :D

Nice brush work and shape! And i'm quite fond of your colour choice and contrast in your two last painting, its works very well.
(10-17-2018, 05:01 AM)Baldgate Wrote: Nice brush work and shape! And i'm quite fond of your colour choice and contrast in your two last painting, its works very well.

Thanks man ! :D
---

Here's a piece for my personal project. Gotta work better ! >.<

Great job ! Inspired by ross tran, isn't it?
Long time no post !! >.<

You would think I would post a shizton of stuff but you're wrong~~ :v

i like the first one :)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
(11-16-2018, 10:41 PM)Fedodika Wrote: i like the first one :)

I like that you like the first one =w=

------------
More stuff, still trying out what to do~

It has been a while- been practicing and stuff and exploring some styles :v

Here's a small process exploration and design practice :)

the rendering, presentation, and costume design are super nice its just the gesture, like particularly the back area, you could arch it more. Id put some more time into anatomy to catch that up to your quite polished technique and presentation, because itd definitely help you penetrate a market youre probably not seeing right now

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
(02-24-2019, 03:02 AM)Fedodika Wrote: the rendering, presentation, and costume design are super nice its just the gesture, like particularly the back area, you could arch it more. Id put some more time into anatomy to catch that up to your quite polished technique and presentation, because itd definitely help you penetrate a market youre probably not seeing right now

Thanks ! :D
Honestly, I don't like to arch the back too much, unless the gesture calls for it of course but in this case I don't see a reason for it. :)
Anatomy is always something to work on but currently I'm practicing other stuff :)

----------------------------------

Some doodles and stuff :v

Just doods~

Random small dump on top of my work~

More doods~

Warm ups and stuff :v

More doods and stuff :) Just trying to draw stuff I don't usually do~