Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Crackbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah great line work man! Try not to beat yourself up too much about hitting those deadlines. You're doing pretty high-impact stuff and that does drain you. Something I find helps is to do some less intensive studies alongside my imagination work/main pieces. That way you have something to do that's not as difficult when you're feeling tired or low on motivation, but you're still learning : D

Looking forward to seeing the wolfman rendered out!
Day 3: 10.5h

1h ahead schedule.

Yeah man, thats good advice, when a study becomes a drag and you keep pushing it can leave you pretty worn out. As for beating myself up, I want to change and become more disciplined, if I have to go through hardship to get there, I welcome it.

[attachment=82740][attachment=82741]
Day 4: 8h

1h ahead schedule.

[attachment=82798]
Day 5: 8h

1h ahead schedule.

[attachment=82862]
Hey man, I really admire you for doing these hardcore determinations you're making! Doing this will give you a killer work ethic. I always think of the Japanese manga artists who consistently churn out 24 page comics every single week for sometimes 10 -15 years without stopping (for full metal alchemist the lady had two or three kids during the run and still kept it going!). I always wondered how the hell do they build that kind of focus - I guess by doing what you're doing : )
Day 6: 7h

JyonnyNovice - Yeah, some people are insane. Ive seen that some manga artists have a schedule where they only get 2 hours of sleep. I hope to also be insane in the future and just do as much art as possible(while putting the minimum hours to remaining healthy). But for now 8h is a good challenge. Also the punisment for failure helps quite a bit.

Think I messed up my workflow a bit, did too much studies and didnt balance it out with enough fun stuff. Also the fun stuff I did do I didnt put that much focus on it so I ended up abandoning the ideas quickly instead of refining them.

I did try to nail the colors in the still life, still not finished though. I forgot how hard still lives are :D
[attachment=82939]
Your progress from the beginning of your sketchbook is very inspiring!  Shock

That still life is looking great! I really like the banana :D
This is probably my one of my favorite sketchbooks here, your persistence has payed off! Kinda makes me want to start setting goals as well, probably would help me be more consistent.
Day 7: 8h

Pukrolli- Thank you :)

Herkkusieni - You should go for it, nothing to lose and lot to gain :)

[attachment=83064]
Day 8: 8h

[attachment=83152]
Nicee stuff! I envy how many hours you can put in to imagination stuff a day, super inspiring o.o To me it looks like your edges could use some work! Try to simplify large shapes before you jump into rendering! Should help clean up some of your large paintings a bit more, and things like the still life.

Keep up that routine!!
Day 9: 8h

Thanks Eristhe, I will try to remember that.

[attachment=83243]
Day 10: 8h

Yay!
Gonna take a day off now.

[attachment=83298][attachment=83299]
Awesome sketchbook Cracked! I like that last sketch in the lake <3 Look out for the perspective on that boat however! Are you planning on working on it more?
Maybe, also boats are hard.

Average of 8h work per day and only 2 h of cheap entertainment stuff
Also counting business stuff.

If I get terribly ill or suffer an accident (etc) I will cancel the goal.

duration 10 days.

punishment: no internet for 2 months
reward: a day off

[attachment=83411][attachment=83412]
Day one 6h

2h behind schedule.

Also I wont be posting everything cuz it eases up my workflow and I am also doing traditional stuff so taking pictures every day would be a hassle.

[attachment=83469]
Cracked, your short-goals are legit so great
The whole punishment/reward factor is brilliant--! Tbh, I might steal this idea, cause you're a madman! o_o
(in the best of ways ofc)
Day 2: 8.5h

1.5h behind schedule.

Thanks smrr, also go for it! I have also been thinking about tweaking it to keep going forever and have checkpoints every 10 days, then I can see how many consecutive days I last.

[attachment=83523][attachment=83524][attachment=83525]
Day 3: 7.5h

2h behind schedule.

[attachment=83627]
Day 4: 8h

2h behind schedule.

[attachment=83677]