Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Those latest characters are rather fucking awesome, sir.
This sketchbook is kicking ass man.. no idea what to critique. Just keep posting D: haha
BenFlores - Thanks man! Still trying to nail some kind of process haha

Craig Paton - Thank you sir. All of your stuff has been utterly ass-kicking as of late as well!

CoreyH - Thanks Corey!

Last one was done following the Oxan gumroad
[Image: n91zKEH.jpg]
[Image: Qsfuqub.jpg]
[Image: hKns5ug.jpg]
Awesome stuff man , that self portrait you've did ... dayumn !

Don't know what Oxan's guide is about but... I was wondering ... is the object inserted into the cube meant to be a ball-type object ? The lighting on it tells me it is but the way it connects with the cube tells me it isn't.
Those thumbnails are beautiful man!

Also was that tut worth it? It looked enticing when I saw it, but How To Render is being released soon so I held off on it
such... a beautifull mann...
Adrian - Yup, the sphere is supposed to be connected to that cube, but I guess I messed that up a bit. I think it might be the lack of shadow under the sphere hmm

Beardley - Hey thanks man! The tutorial is pretty good, but it's stuff that was all covered in Scott Robertson's matte surface rendering DVD, which I think is basically the same content as that book coming out. A few things that weren't were some small tips and tricks, like using a gray to add some interesting textures and some ways to think about color in photoshop.

Fedodika - Right back at ya, koala man <3

[Image: Q9D4ryY.jpg]
Hail hydra master nate!
Stop being so good man. That bust came out soooo good, is that coin the plan of illuminati to crash a comet into the planet?
Hey man , tried to find out why the sphere didn't work out and I think I have the answer to that. My example is kinda bad and not exactly sure if it's right but I hope it's good enough. Hope you don't mind me posting it here , if you do , lemme know.

In the first line I've tried to connect the sphere as deep as you did and it seems like from this perspective we wouldn't really see the connection at all. The only thing that could probably show that it's connected would be a shadow like you've said.

In the second one I've tried to put the sphere deep enough to make the connection visible. I had to go over the center of the sphere a bit to make that happen.

Hope it helps with anything :)
Rafa - Thanks Bro! What Illuminati? I have no idea what you are talking about. help me

Adrian - Hey thanks Adrian :) Got to be a bit more mindful of perspective.

Apologies to anyone who was looking for the stream last week. I got a really bad case of the stomach flu so it was a pretty miserable few days. Feelin back to normal now! So it's back onnn wooooo

Going to finish up the last CHOW since I missed that too
[Image: TJo3h5W.jpg]
[Image: QbZZOCw.jpg]
[Image: aQeo88K.jpg]
[Image: T8VHXs6.jpg]
[Image: nqaQ67f.jpg]
Oh, sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, Nate. Glad to hear you're feeling better and that the streams will be back!

Very good studies and such, I must say you've captured the energy in those studies of the boxers particularly well.
Wb man! Kick that flu ass and keep kicking our asses!
That giant is promising too, the upside lighting that scares the shit out of me is working out great.
Very awesome sketchbook man! Im an instant fan! Cant wait to see more.
You're killin it dude, and that giant piece is looking great! The position of the giant's finger between that dude's legs must hurt something awful! D :

Looking forward to more.
Wow! Great sketchbook man! I really love your brushstrokes! ..And pretty much everything else... Where did you get those brushes? Those look like great painterly brushes!
your new updates are simply awesome. i can see a lot of improvement here. keep doing the good work man. love your stuff! xd
Wonderful sketchbook man! Keep working on those fundamentals :)
StardustLarva - Thanks Stardust! Never fun being sick haha

rafa zanchetin - Thanks man, and thanks for the advice on the lighting you gave me back on the stream!

wreck - Thank you! Glad you like it.

jeremygordon89 - I just realized he's completely crushing his sensitive boy parts there haha

Vompt - Thanks Vompt! The brushes are a mix of Jaime Jones, Zedig, Yohann Schepaz, and other brush sets. You can get a lot of good ones here: http://digitalbrushes.tumblr.com/

ramalooke - Woo thanks man, your progress has been super inspirational!

Othrandir - Gotta do them fundamentals :)

[Image: kxdCazi.jpg]
[Image: xPHAvKx.jpg]
[Image: JtCBigm.jpg]
[Image: kyPNcCt.jpg]
[Image: u6u2L6C.jpg]
[Image: AOoV4ur.jpg]
[Image: kyPNcCt.jpg]
i'd watched that =D

great updates mate, can't wait to see more ;3